Topic: Safest 3D Printers?

Which 3D printers are the safest? Safest build materials, safest electronics (minimal fire risk), safest materials in printer itself?

Re: Safest 3D Printers?

Rocketman wrote:

Which 3D printers are the safest? Safest build materials, safest electronics (minimal fire risk), safest materials in printer itself?

The more metal content used in construction then the safer it should be in theory. Less that can burn or spread a fire is what you are looking for.  Electronics really are lottery. I always change mine out to something made from a reputable vendor/manufacturer and i always get originals, not clones. I try to avoid Chinese as much as possible then remove and swap out what I can't avoid. The rule you get what you pay for really holds true for 3d printers.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: Safest 3D Printers?

I would say the safest printer brand on the market is Dremel. They are the only brand I am aware of with a UL (underwriters Laboratory) rating.
As mentioned, all metal is better not a bunch of 3d printed parts. 
As far as electronics Buy quality
Material IMHO the lower the temperature the better.

In reality Use common sense do not buy no name sum flung dung import 3d printer looking thing. They are frustration waiting to happen.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura