Topic: NTAG215 in place of NTAG213 in XYZ Da Vinci Jr 1.0

I didn't have any 213 tags laying around and I had to work with 215s. I looked around and thought it to be impossible but it wasn't. I had just started working with NFC tags for real and I had no idea what I was doing. I poked around a bit asking questions seemingly to no avail. I had learned a few things namely that these tags require a PACK and Password. At first, I didn't realize that I didn't have the right type of tag until a few discoveries later. I found that the 215 tags store the pack and password in a different location than the 213 tags through trial and error (after bricking a few tags on accident.) I wrote a verified pack and password I got from nfckey.xyz and wrote it to the tag: (85: Password, 86: Pack, 2b: Password, 2c: Pack) This was the first step out of several. Next, I had to find the right page codes and information to put on the tag (this was for my Da Vinci Jr but it may be different from yours) many of the sources easily found online are not correct for my printer so I to do some digging. This one helped me: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16127/nf … ied-spool/ and https://www.instructables.com/id/XYZ-Da … eset-Hack/

TL;DR:
The PACK and PASSWORD are stored in a different place than 213 tags, find yours using nfckey.xyz and place them as so:

Page 85: Password
Page 86: Pack
Page 2b: Password
Page 2c: Pack

Hope this helped any other stragglers out there wink

If its worth doing, do it! If not... Do it anyway!

Re: NTAG215 in place of NTAG213 in XYZ Da Vinci Jr 1.0

Can you provide page details of what you entered into a blank tab? I am in a similar bind as you had been and just not able to get the 215 to work.    I've tried  updating ...pages  8,10,11,21-23  pwd & pck 82 83 ( hex pages -as high as my 215 goes)  all as per the instructions with guidance from your post.

unidentified spool error  ..pls help

Never mind i got it... the app (unpaid)locked wasn't showing my the last few pages.  using another app, and bam im up and running with 215!!

Oof kinda a few years late to this topic but i have encountered the same problem JohnnyHopseedz is facing where i cant seem to get hex pages 85 and 86 if anybody could help by saying what app they could recommend to get to those pages i would be very grateful.