Topic: Ability to opt out of Solidoodler title

This is a 3D printing community right?  With all makes and models right?

I think you should be able to opt out of the "Solidoodler" title if you want.  Not everyone owns one and those with other printers might feel left out.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

Re: Ability to opt out of Solidoodler title

This is a "Solidoodle 3d printing community".  Those who don't own a solidoodle should feel shamed every time they come here.

cmetzel wrote:

This is a "Solidoodle 3d printing community".  Those who don't own a solidoodle should feel shamed every time they come here.

SHUN THE NON BELIEVER

SHUUUUUUUUUN

LOL

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

Changed user title to something more generic.

Brad wrote:

Aww, But now I'm not a doodler anymore sad

Thanks Departed, how about after 1000 posts you can pick your own title?

cmetzel wrote:

To be fair, he has a point. Now it seems there is a majority of SD users, but it is a "3d Printing Community".

I don't think you can "pick" your title, but I could be wrong. I would suggest just putting your machine in a signature or something, to keep with the solifeels

cmetzel wrote:

I like the idea,  but then everyone post pointless stuff trying to reach a 1000 posts.  There is already enough of that here imo

Filastruder

Brad wrote:

thanks. Hope I didn't just piss off half the board.

Filastruder

DePartedPrinter wrote:
cmetzel wrote:

...then everyone post pointless stuff trying to reach a 1000 posts.  There is already enough of that here imo

500th post!

Filastruder

DePartedPrinter wrote:
DePartedPrinter wrote:
cmetzel wrote:

...then everyone post pointless stuff trying to reach a 1000 posts.  There is already enough of that here imo

500th post!

You can now choose your prefix,
(INSERT HERE)doodler

DePartedPrinter wrote:
cmetzel wrote:

I like the idea,  but then everyone post pointless stuff trying to reach a 1000 posts.  There is already enough of that here imo

I don't really see anyone here inflating their post count.

Where's the petition to bring back "Solidoodler???"

I am appalled.   O_o

Two SD3s - One with Sang, One with Printrboard, Fans on control boards!!! Do this!!!, Dual Glass Beds, Blacklight "EZ Bake Oven" - Improves Ambient Temp, Sketchup, Repetier, Slic3r. Graphic Designer & Makeshift Engineer. Drinks Lots and Lots and Lots of Rum.

It's going to get confusing in the fall when 20,000 people get their 3Doodlers from the Kickstarter campaign.  If they make a 3Doodler infomercial (they'd be foolish not to) it will get even worse.

IanJohnson wrote:

It's going to get confusing in the fall when 20,000 people get their 3Doodlers from the Kickstarter campaign.  If they make a 3Doodler infomercial (they'd be foolish not to) it will get even worse.

OH that's going to be awesome.

I bet they're going to have some wicked Z banding...

Schieggster wrote:
IanJohnson wrote:

I bet there's going to be a rush to emergency rooms for 3rd degree burns on finger tips... not a lot of folks will realized that only the filament will cool once extruded and they'll be touching the tip which will be quite a bit warmer....

cckens wrote:
Schieggster wrote:
IanJohnson wrote:

I bet there's going to be a rush to emergency rooms for 3rd degree burns on finger tips... not a lot of folks will realized that only the filament will cool once extruded and they'll be touching the tip which will be quite a bit warmer....

Hopefully they'll have learned from their hot glue gun experiences...

IanJohnson wrote:

good point.

Filastruder

I think it would be a safe bet that Solidoodle is pursuing legal action against the name 3Doodler in the 3d printing marketplace.  No way they'd ever confirm it but I'm guessing there will be a name change before things get to market, or some kind of financial agreement at the least.

I don't think I'd worry much about people burning themselves.  Soldering irons, hot glue guns, blowtorches, cigarette lighters etc etc.  There will be people burning themselves but I don't think in any higher quantity than we already see with the other devices.

If we get the masterbatch situation sorted out, we can start making 3Doodler filament now, and be ready to undercut the "official" supplier on ebay in the fall.

Remember it can only handle 24" at a time or something like that, you'll have to make a filachopper next.

IanJohnson wrote:

If we get the masterbatch situation sorted out, we can start making 3Doodler filament now, and be ready to undercut the "official" supplier on ebay in the fall.

I think it takes 3mm filament if I remember...

Filastruder

Die size should be interchangeable for any 'struder.  I would think that Tim would have thought of this as well because he would have takers from all kinds of makers... (heh wink)

cckens wrote:

Die size should be interchangeable for any 'struder.  I would think that Tim would have thought of this as well because he would have takers from all kinds of makers... (heh wink)

Filastruder confirmed compatible with both 1.75mm and 3.0mm filament by both myself and a beta tester!