Topic: Add a field to profile

Brad, I don't know what kind of customizing you can do with this punBB client.  I think it would be helpful to have as a part of the profile Printer model and serial number.  I have temporarily changed it in my "Location" field to read my SD2 and serial number 0091.  This would help us give more specific advice to people and help us track updates that SD is making for those that may want to play catchup. 

Hell it might even help SD with tracking issues that they have in certain batches as long as they reference it back to the serial number.  It would need to show up under location.  I know you could use signature for this but most here don't seem to use signature, I don't think it's that kind of crowd.

Re: Add a field to profile

Im not sure I want SD to know my user name. I feel they might be a little bit bias against users who are critical of them...

SD should already have a running database of serials.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

DePartedPrinter wrote:

SD should already have a running database of serials.

Ha!

Well you could X the last digit or two.

I have a SD2, SN 00XX.

sdsupport is a moderator here, so if they want to they already know who you are.  email address, IP address, name you signed up with, etc.

It's more of a tool to 1) help those that offer advice a better quality of advice based on machine and version.  2) Possibly track when changes occur so we can upgrade if we want.

cmetzel wrote:

2) Possibly track when changes occur so we can upgrade if we want.

It would sure be nice if SD would just release the information.

Filastruder

DePartedPrinter wrote:
cmetzel wrote:

2) Possibly track when changes occur so we can upgrade if we want.

It would sure be nice if SD would just release the information.

I'm not the kind of person that sets unrealistic expectations.  Politicians lie, poverty and hunger are here to stay, and solidoodle won't release benign information about their intellectual property.

Think of it this way, if they came on here and said, we started using a new hot end that doesn't ever clog, the first one with this new updated soliclogfree end will be #2316.  #'s 2100-2315 would demand the new hot end because it's unfair, I'm sending mine back you owe me a new hot end.  etc.

cmetzel wrote:

Think of it this way, if they came on here and said, we started using a new hot end that doesn't ever clog, the first one with this new updated soliclogfree end will be #2316.  #'s 2100-2315 would demand the new hot end because it's unfair, I'm sending mine back you owe me a new hot end.  etc.

The SD carries no warranty. buyer beware.

I would just like to know what mods my machine does have.

Filastruder