Topic: Davinci jr 1.0 reset info please:)

Ok, so i have found this thread:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16909/xy … nfckeyxyz/

i have read some of the provided information as well as this

https://nfckey.xyz/

Since i am new to 3d printing and i do love my jr1.0, i also do like the xyzware software and their filiment as well.

What my goal is, i just want to use the extra filiment at the end of the 200 meters. I have a spool with about 200 feet left.

I am wanting to do a reset on my chip but have no clue to where i even need to start with this. the only thing i have done is download some app on my phone named "RFID NFC Tool" Thats it, thats all i have haha.

What do i need to do from here to accomplish this. Using third party filiment is not really a big deal to me. I just want to use the leftovers from the two spools i have.

Thank you for helping. I know this must be asked alot, but i am trying to get a step by step solution that is cheap, easy and reliable:)

tahnks again

Re: Davinci jr 1.0 reset info please:)

Fist off what version of firmware do you have in your JR? If it is above 2.2.6 you are out of luck when it comes to hacking your original chips. You can use paper tags though.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Fist off what version of firmware do you have in your JR? If it is above 2.2.6 you are out of luck when it comes to hacking your original chips. You can use paper tags though.

Its 2.3.5:)  If i am not mistaken, the tags are those paper stickers you buy from ebay and then you do something with them? buti do not know exactly:)

i updated the firmware to the newest last month because it allowed some new features in xyz and also allowed me to use windows10 printing software or simply3d

Thank you very much for the help

First off, go you have a phone with NFC capabilities? If so then you just need to purchase the stickers, download the app at http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17124/an … ank-ntags/.

There are other solutions if you look through the forum.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

First off, go you have a phone with NFC capabilities? If so then you just need to purchase the stickers, download the app at http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17124/an … ank-ntags/.

There are other solutions if you look through the forum.

Yes, i do have a phone with nfc capabilities:)

Thanks fro the link. I will be going through it in a few minutes. I hope i can get this to work so i can use all my filament

At the moment, im looking at my printer, trying to think of ways to increase the print height:) that would be so cool if i could get a 11inch print height somehow haha

6 (edited by lt72884 2018-09-02 05:01:57)

in the app, i notice it has options for a couple of temps. Neither of which mine print at. I just did a print, and according to the lcs read out, it prints at 216C. Both plas i have, dispay this same temp. I use the clear blue and clear green. which one would i choose? also, if i were to use hatchbox pla, which setting would i choose? if i cant use third party, im am totally fine with that haha.

Does the app read the current data off of the chip i currently have or does it just write its own data to a tag?

thanks

oh and im in the USA, which nfc tags do i need from amazon?

thanks

lt72884 wrote:

in the app, i notice it has options for a couple of temps. Neither of which mine print at. I just did a print, and according to the lcs read out, it prints at 216C. Both plas i have, dispay this same temp. I use the clear blue and clear green. which one would i choose? also, if i were to use hatchbox pla, which setting would i choose? if i cant use third party, im am totally fine with that haha.

Does the app read the current data off of the chip i currently have or does it just write its own data to a tag?

thanks

oh and im in the USA, which nfc tags do i need from amazon?

thanks

Ok, the temp you are seeing on the screen is an approximate temp. if you are using XYZ filament the temp for the clear green is supposed to be 210° and I believe the clear blue is the same. You would set the paper tags to that temp.

Here is the link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/THONSEN-13-56MHz … e+RFID+Tag

Here are the ones I use: https://www.ebay.com/itm/152748705723?_ … noapp=true

Thank you verymuch:) i assume i can use third party filiment now?

Yes you can.

Awesome. I just ordered the tags from amazon. they will be here soon. thank you much for this.

Now onto my next goal of increased printing area haha.

One thing i do not know. Does the davinci have the ability to change the spool mid print? Because i do not know how much i have left on my old spool and if it runs out mid print, i may be hosed over haha

Not that I am aware of. You may try to pause the printer before the end reaches the filament feeder, then remove the filament tube and cut off the tail of filament then feed your new filament into the feeder and nu-pause the printer. Just an idea.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Not that I am aware of. You may try to pause the printer before the end reaches the filament feeder, then remove the filament tube and cut off the tail of filament then feed your new filament into the feeder and nu-pause the printer. Just an idea.

thats a good idea:) Ill just leave about an inch or so before it gets into the motor, then remove the tube cut the tail off, remove the tail from the motor, then feed the new piece into the mtor so that it can push the other filiment through:)

thanks for that idea. Or maybe somehow fuse them together as nicely as i can haha.

Where is the chip reader on these printers?

thanks

I wouldn't try to fuse them together as this may end up jamming at the extruder then you will have a big mess.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

I wouldn't try to fuse them together as this may end up jamming at the extruder then you will have a big mess.

ok, duley noted:)

the tags should be here tomorrow.

Now, with third party, what settings on the tag do i use? what is the guidlines? is there a video or a tutorial on this? thanks

Most of the filament will tell you what temp works best. I use 210° most of the time.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Most of the filament will tell you what temp works best. I use 210° most of the time.

Perfect, thank you much:) my tags show up today so i will be testing it out on my old spool of clear green:)

Do the tags only work for PLA or will they work for ABS as well? I may try some ABS or nylon, maybe some carbon fiber haha

Those use a much higher temperature which are not one of the options in the programs. Don't you have a JR? If so it does not go high enough.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Those use a much higher temperature which are not one of the options in the programs. Don't you have a JR? If so it does not go high enough.

I do have a jr:)

Dang, i was hoping i could at least use nylon, but im ok with PLA and ABS

thanks

which PLA and ABS do you recomend for the JR since it does not have a heated bed?

thanks for answering all of my questions. you have been very helpful

lt72884 wrote:

which PLA and ABS do you recomend for the JR since it does not have a heated bed?

You are going to find it very hard to do any kind of ABS without a heated bed. Your machine is just not capable of the range of things you want to try. It was made for the stuff XYZ sells for it which is PLA. That is really all this machine is good for. Rather than investing more in to it, if you want to print other materials I would suggest another printer that is not limited like this one. One that is open source and capable of printing multiple materials. The JR was never intended to print anything but ABS and the other Special formulations of materials that XYZ makes. Their so called PLA and ABS and PETG are not the same as the open market versions. Theirs uses a lower temp than the open market stuff does.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

22 (edited by lt72884 2018-09-04 20:37:17)

carl_m1968 wrote:
lt72884 wrote:

You are going to find it very hard to do any kind of ABS without a heated bed. Your machine is just not capable of the range of things you want to try. It was made for the stuff XYZ sells for it which is PLA. That is really all this machine is good for. Rather than investing more in to it, if you want to print other materials I would suggest another printer that is not limited like this one. One that is open source and capable of printing multiple materials. The JR was never intended to print anything but ABS and the other Special formulations of materials that XYZ makes. Their so called PLA and ABS and PETG are not the same as the open market versions. Theirs uses a lower temp than the open market stuff does.

Oh, thats fine. im good with PLA. The only reason i borught up ABS is because in xyzware for the jr, it asks if i am using PLA or ABS. So based off of that, i assumed i could haha. thanks. But i see now that the xyz ABS is not the same as thirdparty ABS

As for the nylon, i was looking and some can print at 216F and with a plus or minus 10C on the settings of the new firmware, i was thinking it could work but then i noticed it needed a heated bed.

thanks again

Well, ups showed up and the package was empty. so no go on the nfc tags yet haha. Gotta wait till monday when they show up