1 (edited by modfreakz 2019-01-16 13:13:14)

Topic: XYZware Advanced Mode (v2.1.32.3)

Here is latest patched version of XYZware v2.1.32.3.

- enabled/unlocked advanced mode
- disabled/removed advertisement
- enabled offline file select for firmware flashing
- unlocked XYZware Pro mode for any printer
- enabled to import GCode

1.) Install XYZware-2.1.32.3_Setup.exe
2.) Rename the XYZ_patched.exe to XYZ.exe and replace it in your installation folder.

http://soliforum.com/i/?QjPr7aA.png

Re: XYZware Advanced Mode (v2.1.32.3)

Very nice! Do you have access to the source code? can you add function to import gcode sliced by Cura or repetitor host and modify it automatically so that it can be printed right way?

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

3 (edited by modfreakz 2017-12-24 00:51:32)

Here you go, please give a try!

First page updated.

No I don't have any source code, reversing with IDA Pro.

http://soliforum.com/i/?vLr9C7i.png

Wow! this is amazing, I will give it a try later today. Thank you very much.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

we are missing this so much on mac.. hmm

Could you run a Windows VM on your Mac and have the same joy as Windows users?

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Could you run a Windows VM on your Mac and have the same joy as Windows users?

or bootcamp will also work.

Sure, the mac can run Windows. But it really does complicate things quite a bit. Bootcamp will turn the machine into a windows machine, which is like.. well, i have no software or "things to do" in windows - but VirtualBox will probably work. Im just not a very big fan of switching OS for simple things smile

Just a thought. I have never owned a Mac so I cannot give to many recomendations for it. I do know a guy that runs Windows in Vmware on it though. Actually I run my printer from a VM window. This is how I keep it from updating the firmware. I do not connect my VM to the network.

10 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-12-26 23:48:07)

Bootcamp give you best performace, but if you don't like switch os, VMware or vituralbox are all good choices. Since you are not use it for any other purpose, you can limit the amount of memory/system resource it use in virtual machine and optimize the system performance in windows.

You can set  patched version of XYZware v2.1.26.1 to run automatically. That way, you will feels like the whole windows system become one mac apps to you. Since virtual machine can save snapshot/hibernate, it will actually load much faster than your xyzware for mac (except first time and whenever you reboot your virtual machine, which is unnecessary).

modfreakz wrote:

Here you go, please give a try!

First page updated.

No I don't have any source code, reversing with IDA Pro.

http://soliforum.com/i/?vLr9C7i.png

Nice work man! I took a quick look at your patches with IDA, and the nag can be bypassed with a registry edit alone smile

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\XYZware\xyzsetting]
"AdShow"="0"
Post's attachments

xyz_disable_ad.reg 208 b, 43 downloads since 2017-12-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

yizhou.he wrote:

Bootcamp give you best performace, but if you don't like switch os, VMware or vituralbox are all good choices. Since you are not use it for any other purpose, you can limit the amount of memory/system resource it use in virtual machine and optimize the system performance in windows.

You can set  patched version of XYZware v2.1.26.1 to run automatically. That way, you will feels like the whole windows system become one mac apps to you. Since virtual machine can save snapshot/hibernate, it will actually load much faster than your xyzware for mac (except first time and whenever you reboot your virtual machine, which is unnecessary).

Yearh I know the drill. Im just not fond of the idea smile I would much rather XYZ would just enable advanced mode without the community having to hack the damn program.. i mean.. cmon XYZ.. how hard can it be. Set it free ffs.

But im probably ending up at a VirtualBox Seamless mode solution, where the program ends up looking native (very nice feature of VirtualBox)

That is possible for the da Vinci pro series, not mini and jr, I think they will stop selling mini and jr and try to sell mini pro and jr pro

14 (edited by modfreakz 2017-12-27 09:32:12)

jeboo wrote:

Nice work man! I took a quick look at your patches with IDA, and the nag can be bypassed with a registry edit alone smile

Thx! The nag registry entry works only one time, after closing the software it writes "AdShow"="True" again.

ChunkLady wrote:

we are missing this so much on mac.. hmm

I can give a try on MAC version, but no promise. Could you provide me the executable file?

modfreakz wrote:

I can give a try on MAC version, but no promise. Could you provide me the executable file?

Oh I must admit, I think the mac-people are a select few, I do not think it would be fruitful to waste (so to speak) time on it. And, unless the Windows version has been coded in a universal language/platform (like, I dont know, you know.. Unity has universal deployment, Xamarin, java etc etc) then I guess they wouldn't have the advanced mode enabled on MAC.

The executable for mac is rather large, 120mb + for the entire .app.

16 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-12-27 15:43:45)

ChunkLady wrote:
modfreakz wrote:

Oh I must admit, I think the mac-people are a select few, I do not think it would be fruitful to waste (so to speak) time on it. And, unless the Windows version has been coded in a universal language/platform (like, I dont know, you know.. Unity has universal deployment, Xamarin, java etc etc) then I guess they wouldn't have the advanced mode enabled on MAC.

The executable for mac is rather large, 120mb + for the entire .app.

.app is actually a folder, there are lots of file in the folder. Mac pack all application in folders for simplicity. Most of file (executable file are exception) in the folder can be opened by textedit and you can get a lots of information from there if you are interested in hacking it.

"What OS X does is to house each program in a directory. Inside your Apps folder are your applications, right? For instance, you see iTunes. The iTunes app in the Apps folder actually corresponds to a folder called iTunes.app (you can verify with Terminal). If you right click it (or option-click it, or use terminal), you can actually go into this folder and see all the contents, such as the icon, the library and resource files, etc. What's inside the folder loosely corresponds to the contents of an install directory in Windows. But Finder treats the folder as a program and hides the contents unless you specifically ask for them, to keep things neat. "

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/wh … ed.114107/

yizhou.he wrote:

.app is actually a folder, there are lots of file in the folder. Mac pack all application in folders for simplicity. Most of file (executable file are exception) in the folder can be opened by textedit and you can get a lots of information from there if you are interested in hacking it.

Yep; XYZWare on mac has a problem where it can crash on a loaded STL, and no matter you do when you open it up again, it will re-crash. However, since the environment its loading with, depends on the interface its loaded from, you can load it from command line with a fresh environment; hence, enter the .app folder and load the XYZWare executable, directly from MacOS/Contents folder. This will boot it up in empty environment. If the same problem occurs (for some reason, even clicking "do not reopen" will crash XYZWare.. really logical programming guys.. ) you can just close the Terminal window and make another; new environment.

Just a tip for all Mac users out there who might experience this problem ;-)

I am unclear if there are anything to unlock on Mac - it seems the retract speed / temp etc, is already there, and I can find no strings in the resources thats isn't used somehow in the "ordinary program".

https://imgur.com/a/RiNPU

Can mac version import gcode sliced by Cura and edit the gcode like what windows version advanced mode can do? I think windows version advance mode also have manual control, but I never get it worked before I RAMPS converted mine.

yizhou.he wrote:

Can mac version import gcode sliced by Cura and edit the gcode like what windows version advanced mode can do? I think windows version advance mode also have manual control, but I never get it worked before I RAMPS converted mine.

Nope. But can't see that on the "test" tab of the advanced either. Got any screenshots? then i can look for the text-strings.

21 (edited by ChunkLady 2017-12-28 18:45:32)

from MacOS, the file "3wdefaults.string"

https://i.imgur.com/ARlZkQu.png

I will try at some point to see what it will do if changed. These are the default settings - there’s no guarantee they will change anything in the end though

Hey! Thx for the patch! I have installed the correct version, but the patcher crashes on win 10. :-(

24 (edited by rovall 2018-01-12 18:58:04)

Which OS are you running this on? I have Win7 x64 and patched binary crashes immediately upon startup.

I use Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Better to use this one.
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16988/xyzware-trainer/