Topic: DaVinci Jr Pro 1.0 - Initilization Error 0030

Hey all, I just purchased my first 3D Printer. So please excuse me if I do not have all the correct terminologies down quite yet.

Upon reading all the instructions for setup I am running into a weird problem when it first starts initializing. The plate moves to the back of the printer and the "Extruder" makes its way to the left...like ALL the way to the left, where it makes this grinding sound and stops. After that the machine beeps and displays an Error Code 0030.

Now after doing research on this, it seems to be a problem with the X-Axis Motor (Which sounds about right).

This is a real bummer because it was a gift and I haven't been able to get one thing rolling yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am out of town right now, but when I get back I will post a video of the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Morbius

2 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-12-27 22:05:12)

Re: DaVinci Jr Pro 1.0 - Initilization Error 0030

Based on your description, you X-Axis endstop (X-axis sensor) is not functioning. check the wire that plug into X-Axis endstop and make sure connection is secure, and manually move the hotend ("Extruder") along x-axis towards X-Axis endstop and make sure something on the hotend get in between X-Axis endstop and block the led light and light sensor.

In most case, problem happens when X-Axis endstop pops up and the hotend can not block the light between led and light sensor so that machine don't know hotend reach the end of x-axis and keep trying move the hotend toward left but stucked and make that grinding noise. Find way to push it back will solve the problem.

This is how it supposed look like:

http://soliforum.com/i/?FktVmEe.jpg

http://soliforum.com/i/?GJpQzA4.jpg

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Thank you very much — this was very helpful!

Alright I am back home and ready to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it looks like the photos are not working can you repost?

image reuploaded

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

6 (edited by Morbius 2017-12-28 03:27:19)

Alright, I tried what you suggested. I checked to see if the sensor was working by covering it and it works fine. It looks like the hot-end is getting stuck where the LED lights connection is..

Here is a pic of the led connection on the X-Axis bar.
https://i.imgur.com/RLa1Jrj.jpg?1

Here is a picture of the collision of the the Hot-End and the LED connection.
https://i.imgur.com/gxGQLSF.jpg?1

Any suggestions on how to prevent this from colliding?

7 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-12-28 15:25:07)

Lower your z-axis from the menu, your z-axis go too high and stuck with the led light plug.

If you don't know how to do it from menu, turn off the printer and rotate the z-rod to lower the hotend, then power the print and try to home all axis. the problem should be fixed.

The z-axis usually don't go that high, do a small print and observe if the z-axis raise to top and cause this again.

Thanks so much, that did it!

Printed the sample and away we go!. Thanks so much for your help Yizhou.he.

Morbius wrote:

Thanks so much, that did it!

Printed the sample and away we go!. Thanks so much for your help Yizhou.he.

You are very welcome

So I'm getting a 0030 error too. But It isn't fixed by any of the above. I think it's possible the x-axis sensor has gone bad. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement?

n8 wrote:

So I'm getting a 0030 error too. But It isn't fixed by any of the above. I think it's possible the x-axis sensor has gone bad. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement?

You can test it by swapping it for the one in the top door. In the door channels towards the back you find one. They are the same.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
n8 wrote:

You can test it by swapping it for the one in the top door. In the door channels towards the back you find one. They are the same.

Top door? Not sure what you mean by this. The Jr. Pro doesn't have a top door.

carl_m1968 wrote:
n8 wrote:

n8 wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
n8 wrote:

Sorry I read 1.0 only. But still all the sensors are the same so just swap one from axis to the other and see if the issue follows the sensor.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

n8 wrote:

0030 error can be caused by multiple issue, endstop problem is only one of them, so need more information. Try power off the printer, move the hotend to right side and power on the printer,

if it is the endstop issue, your hotend will move to left when homing before printing but make big noise then stop, followed by error code 0030.

If it is the x-axis motor or x-axis belt, you hotend will not be able to move to left when homing before printing. and will report error code 0030 after a while. if you hear motor noise but hotend not moving, check the x-axis belt and pulley. if no motor noise, check motor cable.

there are other possibilities will require photo or video to identify.

yizhou.he wrote:

0030 error can be caused by multiple issue, endstop problem is only one of them, so need more information. Try power off the printer, move the hotend to right side and power on the printer,

if it is the endstop issue, your hotend will move to left when homing before printing but make big noise then stop, followed by error code 0030.

If it is the x-axis motor or x-axis belt, you hotend will not be able to move to left when homing before printing. and will report error code 0030 after a while. if you hear motor noise but hotend not moving, check the x-axis belt and pulley. if no motor noise, check motor cable.

there are other possibilities will require photo or video to identify.

Based on your description, it sounds like it's my motor! The belt is in good shape, and I can move the hot end freely along the x axis, but it doesn't reset to the default left position.

So on that- where do I get a new motor?

Check the cable for the motor first, unplug the wire and plug back see if it fix the problem. If not, before buying new motor, check the cable with multi-meter. My impression for xyzprinting is the wire harness is more problematic than the motor. You can also swith the x-axis and y-axis motor cable on mainboard side or motor side and see if the problem follows.

Thanks! I'll give that try today!

Definitely a bad motor. Advice on where to get a replacement?

20 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-02-01 21:34:41)

Something like this will work. I have not used this brand before and not sure if it is the best brand. So please wait for other people's comment before place order. I got mine from aliexpress in bulk for about half this price, but you might not want to wait for three weeks for shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Stepper-Bipolar- … ds=nema+17

Thanks! I have Amazon Prime, so if it is terrible, I can return it. You have been a great help!

22 (edited by mishu_28nmv 2020-04-13 09:43:12)

Hello to all!
I have the same 0030 error. I was able to test the wires and they are ok. And I was able to make a calibration test on my Jr 1.0 pro. The x-axis motor is going to the right. But it is not going to the left. I test it also with the jog function. Ordered a new motor. It is all the same. Not moving to left. Cables are ok, the belt looks ok. Could this be something with the endstop sensor. How can I test it?