1 (edited by cornelissenl 2017-09-17 17:33:10)

Topic: [WORKING] Print without filament on NFC chip

Hello,
I've worked out how you can print 3rd party's filament without (really) using a NFC chip.
source: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16565/ho … pdated-10/

So for all of you who are not advanced at 3d printing and coding etc. on the Da Vinci Junior 1.0 Here is an easy step by step guide to print while your nfc chip is empty.
It works for me 100% of the time

EASY GUIDE:

Step 1.
Open the XYZWare program, and slice your object you want to print. DONT PRINT IT, just click on SAVE.

Step 2.
Open the XYZWare-ADVANCED program (in C:\Program Files (x86)\XYZware\). And drag your object into the field (should be a .3w file).

Step 3.
Go to the TAB_GCOD_EDITOR Tab on the rightupper corner.

Step 4.
Change line 6 to "; total_filament = 0"
Change line 11 to "; extruder_filament= 0"
Change line 6 to "; extruder = 0"

Step 5.
Print the object at the menu on top.

This should work just fine, If you have any questions, please give it to me, and ill reply as soon as Im able to.

IF IT DOESNT WORK FIRST TRY:

When you print the object, the printer will sometimes say that its unidentified, just accept the errors and try it a second time, this will ALWAYS work.

Re: [WORKING] Print without filament on NFC chip

i'm glad it works for you. can you let me know model of you machine and firmware version? also do you need try it twice after restart the printer? do you hit under-extrution issue when you change ;extruder=0?

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

i have make it how you eplayin but the printer say file not compatible with davinci jr. what now

now it is printing but the printer say after 2 min that he is by 100% but he is printing

dasde112 wrote:

now it is printing but the printer say after 2 min that he is by 100% but he is printing

Thats true, it thinks that its done, but it isnt. Its like it says 0/0 meters printed. So it always thinks it has it all done, but the code is still running which means that it isnt done. I mean, not seeing how long it takes, but using 3rd filament is worth it right?

yizhou.he wrote:

i'm glad it works for you. can you let me know model of you machine and firmware version? also do you need try it twice after restart the printer? do you hit under-extrution issue when you change ;extruder=0?

1. My firmware version is the most updated one, I dont know the version because its printing atm. I DID restart my printer and had to try it twice, yes. And no I dont get under extrution

cornelissenl wrote:
dasde112 wrote:

Thats true, it thinks that its done, but it isnt. Its like it says 0/0 meters printed. So it always thinks it has it all done, but the code is still running which means that it isnt done. I mean, not seeing how long it takes, but using 3rd filament is worth it right?

but on xyz ware it los 1 meter of spool i had on start 43,64 m and now it say 42

dasde112 wrote:
cornelissenl wrote:
dasde112 wrote:

but on xyz ware it los 1 meter of spool i had on start 43,64 m and now it say 42

Only do this when xyz says your have 0m spool. the trick is to make xyz print when the record says spool is out, but it will still deduct the used filament form you spool if you still have mileage on it.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

dasde112 wrote:
cornelissenl wrote:
dasde112 wrote:

The amount of length still decreases, but when its 0.00m you will still be able to print objects.

ah ok also when it is on 0 i can use third party fillament

dasde112 wrote:

ah ok also when it is on 0 i can use third party fillament

Yes you can do it, but you may get less perfect objects, because the warmth may be different.

I'll get it right

no spool is empty and printer say that the spool is empty and abort it

read my original post:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16565/ho … pdated-10/

There are complicated version and simple version, read the simple version and see what you have missed.

15 (edited by johnboyjr 2017-09-19 04:47:37)

ok here is what worked for me on xzy jr 1.0w

1. sliced in s3d saved as .3w

2. opened in xyzware advance

3. Change line 5 to "; total_filament = 0"
Change line 6 to "; extruder_filament= 0"
Change line 8 to "; extruder = 0"

4. click L_Save

5. save to sd card

6.turn on printer

7. build from sd card pick file

8. it will fail

9. hit ok ok

10. build from sd card pick file and it will print

edit: i am getting crazy under extrusion doing it this way

johnboyjr wrote:

ok here is what worked for me on xzy jr 1.0w

1. sliced in s3d saved as .3w

2. opened in xyzware advance

3. Change line 5 to "; total_filament = 0"
Change line 6 to "; extruder_filament= 0"
Change line 8 to "; extruder = 0"

4. click L_Save

5. save to sd card

6.turn on printer

7. build from sd card pick file

8. it will fail

9. hit ok ok

10. build from sd card pick file and it will print

edit: i am getting crazy under extrusion doing it this way

I just noticed that too, I will look into that.

17 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-09-19 14:53:14)

Change line 8 to "; extruder = 0" is the cause of under extrusion. Change line 8 to "; extruder = 1" and see if you can still get it to print.

if "; extruder = 0" have to be used in order to start the print, can someone try to add these gcode between end of commented head and start of the gcode and see if it overcome the under extrusion issue?
M350 X16 Y16 Z16 E16
M92 X80 Y80 Z2560
M92 E88:88
M500

yizhou.he wrote:

Change line 8 to "; extruder = 0" is the cause of under extrusion. Change line 8 to "; extruder = 1" and see if you can still get it to print.

if "; extruder = 0" have to be used in order to start the print, can someone try to add these gcode between end of commented head and start of the gcode and see if it overcome the under extrusion issue?
M350 X16 Y16 Z16 E16
M92 X80 Y80 Z2560
M500

does not work

; extruder = 1 doesn't work or the gcode doesn't work? Did you notice any difference after add the gcode? or did you get error message?

yizhou.he wrote:

; extruder = 1 doesn't work or the gcode doesn't work? Did you notice any difference after add the gcode? or did you get error message?

If you set it to one it says spool is emptied if you set it to 0 you get under Extrusion. If you set it to 0 and add a 2nd one set to 0 you get spool is emptied

did you try set it to 1 and add the gcode? these gcode supposed be able to restore extrusion power. I want to test myself but my Jr. is with RAMPS now.

M350 X16 Y16 Z16 E16
M92 X80 Y80 Z2560
M500

yizhou.he wrote:

did you try set it to 1 and add the gcode? these gcode supposed be able to restore extrusion power. I want to test myself but my Jr. is with RAMPS now.

M350 X16 Y16 Z16 E16
M92 X80 Y80 Z2560
M500

i could try that latter but i am 99% sure i got it working but you need to use s3d and no need to xyzware. i have it printing right now and it looks fine will let you know when its done

23 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-09-19 20:50:51)

I would agree it will working fine if you slice with cura or s3d. I notice xyzware sliced file have distanced filling pattern compared with other slice software. but it compensate with over extruding. by doing so, it greatly shorten the total print time and allow super slow printing speed to make it super quiet. It will also make the print stick to the bed a lot easier.

That is why XYZprinting filament color are so limited, they need to be able to handle over extrusion without constantly jam the hot-end.

i got it to work without under extruding i just have to get other setting set right and i will upload the profile

Followed steps and got the jr1.0w to print 3rd party filament however this is what print came out as, any ideas?http://soliforum.com/i/?VyoVYxE.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?NKPltIV.jpg