Topic: Replacement bed options?

My bed in my 1.0a is (apparently like most others) warped.  I had looked at ordering one of the direct replacements from Da Vinci Zone (was actually able to order as it said it was in stock, but apparently not, as I got a refund a few weeks later, and the store is now closed).  What's a good replacement for the bed in the printer?

Re: Replacement bed options?

heffe2001 wrote:

My bed in my 1.0a is (apparently like most others) warped.  I had looked at ordering one of the direct replacements from Da Vinci Zone (was actually able to order as it said it was in stock, but apparently not, as I got a refund a few weeks later, and the store is now closed).  What's a good replacement for the bed in the printer?

Just get a piece of tempered glass cut to the existing size and put directly over existing glass using existing hold downs. Then just add a z offset to your start gcode to compensate for the extra height.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

My bed became cracked so instead of replacing the glass I placed a 3mm aluminium plate on top covered with a sheet of buildtak.
Lost a couple of mm in the z axis but now have a nice flat bed with a surface which everything sticks to great !

Davinci 1.0 with repetier firmware & E3D V6 Lite
Anycubic Photon DLP printer, Einscan-S 3D scanner
Simplify3d, 123D Design, Meshmixer
http://www.thingiverse.com/scobo/designs

I had a large piece of PEI which I cut down to fit the bed, and while it doesn't fix all the imperfections, it helped a great deal.  I actually have an exact-fit piece of borosilicate glass on the way, but after putting on the PEI, I decided to use my temp probe on the bed, and found out the front 1/3 of the bed doesn't appear to be heating at all (or very little, it gets to maybe 51c, middle of the bed hits about 110, and back where the thermistor is gets to 91-95 (where I have the temp set for my ABS prints).  That would definitely explain some of my lifting problems I had with the the printer before the PEI..  Anybody know where you can get a replacement heating pad?  I'm tempted to just order a Prusa i3 clone and modify that, I just like the look of the fully enclosed XYZ machines (and helps with the grandkids, they know if it's closed, don't touch).

I was just surprised that the temps were as bad off as they were, that bed is all over the place temp wise, no section is consistant at all..  I'm wondering if I just need to get a warranty replacement for the whole bed (it's still under warranty I think, lol).

heffe2001 wrote:

I had a large piece of PEI which I cut down to fit the bed, and while it doesn't fix all the imperfections, it helped a great deal.  I actually have an exact-fit piece of borosilicate glass on the way, but after putting on the PEI, I decided to use my temp probe on the bed, and found out the front 1/3 of the bed doesn't appear to be heating at all (or very little, it gets to maybe 51c, middle of the bed hits about 110, and back where the thermistor is gets to 91-95 (where I have the temp set for my ABS prints).  That would definitely explain some of my lifting problems I had with the the printer before the PEI..  Anybody know where you can get a replacement heating pad?  I'm tempted to just order a Prusa i3 clone and modify that, I just like the look of the fully enclosed XYZ machines (and helps with the grandkids, they know if it's closed, don't touch).

I was just surprised that the temps were as bad off as they were, that bed is all over the place temp wise, no section is consistant at all..  I'm wondering if I just need to get a warranty replacement for the whole bed (it's still under warranty I think, lol).

There is a guy that sells hand built replacement glass with heater on ebay sometimes.

The issue is that the XYZ series uses a very thin adhesive PCB that is more like tape than a PCB that is stuck to the glass with a very aggressive adhesive. The glass and the heater for all purposes intended is one piece. So you can't just replace the heater.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Maybe this http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-mm-x-200-mm … SwcwhVLLps could work?

Da Vinci 1.0A Blue | Codename: FreeVinci | E3D v6 Bowden Custom Carriage | Printing PLA, ABS and PETG using S3D
Fabrikator Mini Orange | Printing PLA using Cura
Only printing with sub 20 Euro filaments.