Topic: DaVinci Jr. Strange Extrusion Problem

http://soliforum.com/i/?8DMFl31.jpg
My XYZPrinting DaVinci Jr is having extrusion problems When I start to print, the printer will extrude large amounts of plastic, but eventually, only a small amount will be extruded on the back of the bed. Eventually, the printer will only leave trace amounts of plastic behind. I tried to clean the extruder gears and the hotend, but the printer will still do the same thing. Also, this plastic seems quite lumpy and irregular.

Re: DaVinci Jr. Strange Extrusion Problem

Looks like nozzle height (aka Z offset) and level issue.
Probably knocked bed out by removing well stuck prints.

You can 1st do XYZ recommended power brick levelling method - never did anything to me but still worth a try.

2nd - proper levelling method.

1. Put some new painters tape and make sure it's well stuck - creditcard method is the best way.
2. Home your axis.
3. With some piece of paper measure your nozzle height on all 4x corners to see where it's off - write it down (eg. bottom left 1sheet, bottom right twofold etc...).
(when moving axis by hand do it slowly, stepper motors generate quite a lot of power and can fry your logicboard potentially)
4. Unscrew the glass plate and put some paper square cuts to compensate that level issue.
5. Screw back bed, measure again - if still off do step 4 again. If you're lucky you'll get this done in 2x passes.

Hope this helps.