Topic: Da Vinci AiO Firmware Problems

I've been using the Repetier 0.92 firmware for the past 6 months without any problems.  All of a sudden, I got the 2 black lines on the screen and the error that the USB device is not recognized.  I've re-flashed the firmware several time but nothing fixes the problem.  The verify and upload of the firmware goes to 100% and CPU reset, but black lines remain.  Is my motherboard fried or should I try something else?  Thanks.

Re: Da Vinci AiO Firmware Problems

ne14pez wrote:

I've been using the Repetier 0.92 firmware for the past 6 months without any problems.  All of a sudden, I got the 2 black lines on the screen and the error that the USB device is not recognized.  I've re-flashed the firmware several time but nothing fixes the problem.  The verify and upload of the firmware goes to 100% and CPU reset, but black lines remain.  Is my motherboard fried or should I try something else?  Thanks.

Can you talk to and control the board through Repetier Host or Pronterface? If you can talk to the board and see data coming from it when you connect then the issue is the LCD and not the board. if you are unable to talk to it and send it commands then yes the issue is the board or power supply. For the stock board it requires 12 volts and 5 volts. The logic and LCD run on 5 volts so check the 5 volt output from the power supply and make sure it is working.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I don't think this is the case because the USB is having trouble connecting as well.  It keeps alternating between connecting and not being recognized by the computer.  I sometimes have to restart the computer and then it will recognize long enough to upload new firmware, but then immediately after the CPU reset, I can't even connect to the printer.

I am getting 5V, 12V, and 3.3V from the supply just fine.  When I test the wires that go to the LCD, I only get 12V on one of the wires.  I wasn't sure if it was the black/red/orange wires or the 3 brown wires that go to the LCD.  But in either case, I only see 12v on one wire from each set.

Any other ideas?  Are there error codes that I can check from the LED pattern?  Thank you.

Nevermind, I am all set!  Even though I could swear that I did this correctly 20 times, on the 21st it just worked.  I started from scratch and reinstalled Arduino, and copied new version of Repetier 0.92 from Github.

Also, this post was helpful:
https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/da-vinci/topic:8218