Topic: Print bed materials 2017

I was just browsing around looking at what is new in the world of 3d printers and i was curious

What are people using to keep prints attached to the bed now a days.

Personaly, I am currently using a "well seasoned" glass plate covered in many layers of glue stick.  A single thin layer as usually suggested did not work very well for me.

Not unlike a cast iron skillet,  my plate seems to work better with age (except sticking is good here;) ).  if the glue comes up with a print then i fill in the hole, otherwise i just leave it be.  When the plate cools the prints always jump off without prying.   Sure i dont have the super smooth glass like surface, but not having to hope a print doesnt become detached is worth it.

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts (like last year?) before that i was "resurfacing" my plate by moistening the glue with a spray bottle.  I found that ends up destroying the "seasoning" and i get horrible adhesion problems until i do a few prints on it (or i add another layer of gluestick).

Re: Print bed materials 2017

Simply a mirror and Aquanet hairspray here. Nothing works better for the price.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Sanded PEI sheet adhered to an aluminum bed with a high temp. adhesive sheet. The bed has a glass layer underneath as a stiffener, and a pcb underneath that to heat it.
Every print with a correct first layer sticks for the whole print. They used to pop off at 30C, but I had to sand it to increase the grip.

Filastruder 2607 w/ Filawinder @1.75mm.
Dual-extruder MaxMicron Prusa Mendel: RAMPS 1.4 w/ Repetier Firmware+Full Graphic LCD Controller, stock hotends, 3Dator extruders w/ MK8 gears, insulated enclosure w/ 2 heat lamps, RPi 2B w/ Repetier Server.
0.1-0.2mm layer height, heated bed w/ PEI surface, inductive-sensor autolevel, 0.5mm to 0.2mm nozzle diameters.

Sorry Jeremy... too much hassle.  Like Carl, but I just use glass & the hairspray.  Same piece for 3 years + 

Ski

Ender 3 Pro