Topic: Retraction settings?

I just got the da vinci mini and it's great but on my first print there was a lotttt of extra strands connecting my pieces. Is there any way to adjust things like the retraction for this machine? It doesn't look like there's much you can modify at all in the XYZ software. See attached picture

2 (edited by CoolArts 2017-01-31 13:26:43)

Re: Retraction settings?

There's no such a picture attached in your message, but i know exactly what you are talking about because i suffer the same bad behaviour from the Junior.

I think i've seen in cura software configurations for retraction, take a look into this topic Jr + Cura 2.3.0 + ThreeDub (by kr15_uk)

I'm not using Cura, but maybe you like the way it slices more than me.

Edit: Or maybe such configurations appears on Windows (Advance Mode) XYZware Advanced Mode, i didn't use it so i really don't know. Maybe in the app or in the gcode generated by the advanced mode Filament free xyz jr printer

Regards!.

XYZ Junior/Mini Passwords Thread
If you are in a hurry and need your password NOW, or if it takes me too long for you, you can read the posts from 1851. I'm not going to be as effective as Bozo or Cgrillo, but you can give a try with me. If PASSWORDS thread follow it's current flow: asking for repeated passwords, not returning or false PACKS... I will end up with it as others before me.

Re: Retraction settings?

You may try and use a lower temperature and see if that helps. What type of filament are you printing? There has been something in one thread about modifying the temperature in the G-Code using a modified version of the XYZ software. I can not think of the thread off the top of my head though.