Topic: Da Vinci Jr 1.0-SD Card Error "File Not Compatible with Da Vinci Jr."

Hello Everyone,

I have had my Jr. 1.0 for over a year and have been able to print successfully for almost the entire time.  Recently though I have begun to experience an error at the start of a print.  After I select "Build from Card" regardless of the file chosen - even if I choose one that has successfully printed previously - there is a serious of beeps from the machine and then the following error message:

"File Not Compatible with da vinci jr."

The only choice then is to cancel the print.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone know the correct remedy?  Note: I have attempted to replace the SD card and the same error persists.  I have also opened a ticket with XYZ however that was a fruitless endeavor.

Thank you in advance for any support you can provide!

Re: Da Vinci Jr 1.0-SD Card Error "File Not Compatible with Da Vinci Jr."

What version of firmware are you running?

XYZ Junior/Mini Passwords Thread
If you are in a hurry and need your password NOW, or if it takes me too long for you, you can read the posts from 1851. I'm not going to be as effective as Bozo or Cgrillo, but you can give a try with me. If PASSWORDS thread follow it's current flow: asking for repeated passwords, not returning or false PACKS... I will end up with it as others before me.

Thank you for your reply.  I just verified: 1.0.4

Should I update this?

4 (edited by CoolArts 2017-02-01 15:27:59)

Well, it's hard to give some advice on a forum where most people have used this printer much more than me, also they know the printer much deeper than me too.

I will recommend you to update to 2.2.0 firmware version, since 2.2.4 have some problems with the feeder (as i readed arround), and 2.2.7 is out of reset filament.

First blow the SD slot on printer for if there's some garbage over any pin peventing a good contact.

But, please wait a couple of days (at least 2) for if someone can give you a better advice.

Regards!.

If you are in a hurry and need your password NOW, or if it takes me too long for you, you can read the posts from 1851. I'm not going to be as effective as Bozo or Cgrillo, but you can give a try with me. If PASSWORDS thread follow it's current flow: asking for repeated passwords, not returning or false PACKS... I will end up with it as others before me.

Have you tried using another SD Card? The one they supplied with the printer may be going bad. You may try copying all data off of the original card then reformatting it. Then put all the data back on and see if that helps.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Have you tried using another SD Card? The one they supplied with the printer may be going bad. You may try copying all data off of the original card then reformatting it. Then put all the data back on and see if that helps.

LHickok wrote:

I have attempted to replace the SD card and the same error persists

Ok, I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I have version 2.2.0 if the firmware if you would like to load it and see if that helps. Just an option.

Update: Thanks to the advice provided here I was able to solve my problem by updating the firmware on the printer.  Thank you!  :-)

LHickok wrote:

Update: Thanks to the advice provided here I was able to solve my problem by updating the firmware on the printer.  Thank you!  :-)

I'm glad you've fixed it with no braintwist.

Regards!

Hi, I have a similar problem.  I found a 3D image on Sketchup, a skp file.  Converted it to STL and put it in XYZware to make it a 3W.  XYZware was set up for my printer a Da Vinci Junior.  The printer has the latest software and firmware but it gives the "File Not Compatible with Da Vinci Jr" message when I try to print it.  Other items on the card print ok so I doubt it is the card port or SD card itself.  Any suggestions?

try open the stl file with other software such As tinkercad and export to stl again and see If it makes difference.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Hi Yizhou.he, that seems to have worked a treat.  I imported the file to Freecad and exported again as suggested.  Many thanks.