Topic: 11mm Hex Socket?

I didn't get far in assembling my filastruder before I realized that the 11mm hex socket that shipped with it does not fit on the 5/8" hex shaft of the auger screw.  Does anyone happen to know if there is a particular brand of 5/8" hex socket that I would need to buy in order to not have to start messing with the collar/thrust bearing spacing?

Re: 11mm Hex Socket?

5/8" sounds like the diameter of the fluted section of the auger, not the hex section.

11mm should nominally work, though it is possible the auger is slightly larger in which case I'd try a 7/16" socket (11.1mm) or a 12mm socket. We are of course happy to reimburse any incurred costs for a new socket, or to send a slightly larger one - just get in touch via the Filastruder contact form on the website.

Re: 11mm Hex Socket?

You must be right, because the 11mm is just barely too small to fit.  I'll see what I can find, and I'm sure it won't cost anything worth reimbursing.  Thanks for the reply.

While I'm here, do you think there would be any value in replacing the included insulation with Pyrogel?  It's a ridiculously good insulator, and I've got it laying around, but I'm not sure if there would be much benefit in this application.  http://www.aerogel.com/products-and-sol … ogel-xt-e/