Topic: Da Vinci jr wireless issues

So I have lost the ability to print recently due to a filament hitting 0, then the nfc card locking. I also read that since I updated to 2.2.9 out of the box like it said to, i cant use reset cards anyways.

Is there an way to downgrade my firmware? Or to even use the filament without buying more? Help?

Re: Da Vinci jr wireless issues

origamiboy360 wrote:

So I have lost the ability to print recently due to a filament hitting 0, then the nfc card locking. I also read that since I updated to 2.2.9 out of the box like it said to, i cant use reset cards anyways.

Is there an way to downgrade my firmware? Or to even use the filament without buying more? Help?

The only options you have is to buy new filament with a tag or look into the tag swap thread.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15907/da … -tag-swap/

Bozotclown1970 wrote:
origamiboy360 wrote:

The only options you have is to buy new filament with a tag or look into the tag swap thread.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15907/da … -tag-swap/

What about downgrading firmware however? tag swap is useless if i can't downgrade the firmware to a version that can use the reset cards.

origamiboy360 wrote:

What about downgrading firmware however? tag swap is useless if i can't downgrade the firmware to a version that can use the reset cards.

Downgrading firmware (is it even possible?) is only needed if you want to reset your tag and use it again on the same printer. The whole point with swapping chips is that it can be reset and used with your printer if your printer even if you have the latest firmware.

kallt_kaffe wrote:
origamiboy360 wrote:

Downgrading firmware (is it even possible?) is only needed if you want to reset your tag and use it again on the same printer. The whole point with swapping chips is that it can be reset and used with your printer if your printer even if you have the latest firmware.

I'm currently not in any position to trade tags with someone easily, so a firmware downgrade is my best bet. Is it possible to factory reset it to 1.0 firmware?

To my knowledge you can not flash this model yet as they have not cracked it yet. that being said you cannot revert firmware, you can only go forward for now.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

you can convert to ramps which many of us have done and i actually love the printer way more after the swap because of the flexibility.

I have two "virgin" cards from before the conversion that i can give somebody.

8 (edited by Bobshortsnicker 2017-01-14 01:23:00)

Willthiswork89 are you in the u.s.?

One word......   EMUTAG