Topic: SD card error

Hello guys, I'm really really hoping someone can help me. I finally get my Davinci Jr running well and now I'm getting an SD card error. I have tried 3 SD cards all 3 are readable by my PC and will give me a list of the files on the SD card when plugged into the printer. When I select one to print it says "SD card error". I don't know what else to do, I don't want to plug it directly into the printer because then it will harass me to update the printers firmware or do it automatically. If that happens I can't rewrite my chips anymore.

Re: SD card error

May be the wrong type card there are 3 of 4 data standards  if the reader is designed for older standards new cards will not work.
There had been a bit of discussion on this . or could be a loose wire or connection.
Have these same cards worked in the past?

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

3 (edited by HyruleJedi86 2017-01-09 23:59:36)

I was able to use one of the two cards in the past the other I've never tried in the machine before. I ended up re-running the STL file I wanted to print through xyzware incase something got corrupt and it started working again. I wonder, assuming this was the problem, how a 3W file could end up corrupt and fail to start printing.

Bad USB cable, dirty USB sockets, could have just glitched during transfere.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.