Topic: DaVinci Mini bed

Just got a DaVinci Mini and I cannot get anything to stick to the bed.

The bed is unheated on a Mini, which is clearly an issue...

There are a few warnings about using the printer at room temps below 25 degrees (not sure how many people have their CH up that high in the UK right now!!!?) needing to apply glue to the bed.

So does this mean putting a layer of Pritt stick on the bed? (UK's only glue stick I think?)

Has anyone retrofitted a heated bed to a Mini? Surely that's the best fix?

I will try some Pritt, but it sounds like a bodge to me...

Re: DaVinci Mini bed

Pritt stick seems to work fine, if anything it's too sticky!

I found the included bed tape rather crappy. Without gluestick the printed object didn't stick well enough and with stick it often got stuck to well and the tape was often damaged when removing prints.

So I went to a local store that sells Flashforge Finder and bought a 3-pack of blue printing bed sheets meant for the Flashforge Finder and they fit nicely on the Mini and it never breaks when removing prints and no glue is needed. However, it does not last forever, after some use the prints does stick to the bed as well anymore and you need to replace the sheet. Still it never breaks.

Only drawback is that it is rather hard to remove from the bed when you need to replace it.

This is exactly the ones I use: http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Build-Plat … 20/38-7722

Just ordinary Blue Painters tape works very well on unheated beds. Most of the Makerbots are unheated and print with PLA. Their go to is custom made sheets for the beds which are just a single sheet of painters tape. There is no reason you can't use stripes as long as you butt them so the seam is not transferred to your print.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Just ordinary Blue Painters tape works very well on unheated beds. Most of the Makerbots are unheated and print with PLA. Their go to is custom made sheets for the beds which are just a single sheet of painters tape. There is no reason you can't use stripes as long as you butt them so the seam is not transferred to your print.

Yes, I did try blue painters tape once but it was a cheap brand. The models stuck fine but the tape didn't stick well enough to the bed. I'm going to get a different brand and try again once I run out of my last Flashforge sheet.

I buy mine from Uline. They sell a 3 inch width that makes covering the bed easier. Also if you print is no bigger than 3 inches then you just need to put a single piece in the center. I found that brand to stick very well. Frogtape brand works well to but tends to be pricey.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.