Topic: NFC tag emulator

Could someone with more knowledge offer some advice on this please?

http://www.emutag.com/

It states that the UID can be changed, so can we program this with shared data instead of swapping actual tags?

Re: NFC tag emulator

I use the emutag with my Mini and it works fine. If you order this you should keep in mind that you get the tag with the right firmware version (NTAG213).

Thanks for the reply mate, good to hear it works.

Going to order one i think, would people be wiling to share card details?

4 (edited by kallt_kaffe 2017-01-03 11:17:14)

Woody565 wrote:

Thanks for the reply mate, good to hear it works.

Going to order one i think, would people be wiling to share card details?

There's already a .csv-file with plenty of uid-password-pack combinations in the first post in this thread: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15817/da … -requests/

Of course, thanks mate.

Sorry for the supit question
What can we Do with the csv file.?
Buy a emutag and...??
Sorry my English is not so good to understand it...

franklichters wrote:

Buy a emutag and...??

The CSV-file contains UID with known passwords and pack (password acknowledge) values. If you use a known UID with known password and pack values and emulate an NTAG213 NFC chip you should be able to fake a real XYZ NFC chip. You would also, of course, need to fill in all the other values (that you could get by reading any real tag that you have).

kallt_kaffe wrote:
franklichters wrote:

Buy a emutag and...??

The CSV-file contains UID with known passwords and pack (password acknowledge) values. If you use a known UID with known password and pack values and emulate an NTAG213 NFC chip you should be able to fake a real XYZ NFC chip. You would also, of course, need to fill in all the other values (that you could get by reading any real tag that you have).

Ahh okay..
And this Works this time? Anybody try and test it.?
Thing type all files in with mobile Phone are Bad..
What need for read and write a NTAG Chip on my PC?
Is there an turorial for... Step by step?

Thanks a lot, this worked fine with a DaVinci Mini W. I'd just point out that the Arduino software won't work with a Leonardo, but that should be a non-issue with UNO being so dirt cheap right now.
The eBay seller for the software provides the Arduino source code so I'm confident it can be modified to work on Leonardo. I think it has something to with the way Leonardo handles the serial port and the Serial API working differently.

There's no real need to buy any additional software if you have an Android phone with NFC (luckly i had one before my i7 thas was collecting dust in a box, it's fully operating again since my Jr.) because you already have all you need to write read into it.

EMUTAG - Easiest control for read and write

Told this, if you have to buy an arduino, nfc reader... and the hardware you think you need, why not to program something more advanced, something fully automated by bluetooth, that has tracks of multiple spools with current states and different materials, autofeeded from the Jr, live tracking state of the tag data, that can auto-collect known ids from the internet Davinci UIDS, and the most important thing, that can make an auto PAK extractor by bruteforce for when the printer is not printing... i'm on my way working on it... anybody more?

I didn't advanced too much, since i have EMU just from yesterday and i'm waiting the arduino NFC reader/writer... it has been sent today sad

http://i.imgur.com/pOyNfQf.jpg

XYZ Junior/Mini Passwords Thread
If you are in a hurry and need your password NOW, or if it takes me too long for you, you can read the posts from 1851. I'm not going to be as effective as Bozo or Cgrillo, but you can give a try with me. If PASSWORDS thread follow it's current flow: asking for repeated passwords, not returning or false PACKS... I will end up with it as others before me.

For those of you that already have an Arduino UNO and a Adafruit PN532 shield. I have software that will allow you to read/write and store data in a database already available.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

For those of you that already have an Arduino UNO and a Adafruit PN532 shield. I have software that will allow you to read/write and store data in a database already available.

Can i take a look to that? [email protected]..

Thank you in advice!.

If you are in a hurry and need your password NOW, or if it takes me too long for you, you can read the posts from 1851. I'm not going to be as effective as Bozo or Cgrillo, but you can give a try with me. If PASSWORDS thread follow it's current flow: asking for repeated passwords, not returning or false PACKS... I will end up with it as others before me.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Thanks to Bozotclown's generosity I also have a copy of his software and it works great! Much easier than the way I was doing it.

14 (edited by CoolArts 2017-02-23 12:49:27)

Today i was going to retrieve my tests with the emutag because i have some time now. What i found is that suddenly i can't write anything to emutag. Write commands response with OK, but when i read the emutag nothing has been written. I tried it with batteries, 3.4v source and an 5.2v one none worked.

Does anyone suffered this wrong behaviour with emutag before?, if yes, is there any quickFix?

Regards!.

CoolArts wrote:

Today i was going to retrieve my tests with the emutag because i have some time now. What i found is that suddenly i can't write anything to emutag. Write commands response with OK, but when i read the emutag nothing has been written. I tried it with batteries, 3.4v source and an 5.2v one none worked.

Does anyone suffered this wrong behaviour with emutag before?, if yes, is there any quickFix?

Haven't seen this on mine (yet) but try writing 0x000000F0 to page 45 to make sure sniffer mode is disabled. I guess "Timeout sniffing mode" perhaps could cause this kind of behavior. Worth a try.

coolarts wrote:

kallt_kaffe wrote:

Haven't seen this on mine (yet) but try writing 0x000000F0 to page 45 to make sure sniffer mode is disabled. I guess "Timeout sniffing mode" perhaps could cause this kind of behavior. Worth a try.

That was a good point (+2), but didn't work sad.
Thank you very much anyway!.

I wrote to Alexei this morning, i'm waiting him response atm.

Any advice more?, them will be much appreciated.

Regards!.

17 (edited by kallt_kaffe 2017-02-23 14:27:56)

Try a different phone? If for nothing else, just to make sure it really is the tag that is misbehaving and not something else.

Does the page 41 (0x29) of the emutag look like "040000FF" on fresh start state?
I find that FF on auth rare... (maybe it's normal), can anyone check it for me please?

I don't have other phone with NFC sad, but i know that is not the mobile because it works good with normal TAGS, just tested out.

Regards!.

CoolArts wrote:

Does the page 41 (0x29) of the emutag look like "040000FF" on fresh start state?
I find that FF on auth rare... (maybe it's normal), can anyone check it for me please?

I don't have other phone with NFC sad, but i know that is not the mobile because it works good with normal TAGS, just tested out.

Regards!.

I'll check it out tonight (unless I forget).

20 (edited by CoolArts 2017-02-23 15:14:29)

kallt_kaffe wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Regards!.

Thank you very very much.

Regards!.

Edit: FF on auth means no auth so it's probably the default value for fresh EMUTAG state

CoolArts wrote:
kallt_kaffe wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Regards!.

Thank you very very much.

Regards!.

Edit: FF on auth means no auth so it's probably the default value for fresh EMUTAG state

Full dump of powercycled emutag:

0400008C
E1101200
0103A00C
340300FE
000000BD
040000FF
FFFFFFFF

kallt_kaffe wrote:

Full dump of powercycled emutag:

Exactly as mine, thank you very much Kallt_kaffe.

This is a deadend, i will wait to Alexei response to see if this happened to someone before me. I will keep this feed updated.

Thank you for everything again Kallt,
Regards!.

23 (edited by kallt_kaffe 2017-02-23 16:48:41)

CoolArts wrote:

This is a deadend, i will wait to Alexei response to see if this happened to someone before me. I will keep this feed updated.

Regards!.

While resetting mine I realized that it actually works without batteries. While in the NFC-field it gets enough juice to run even with the batteries removed. When you remove it from the NFC field it will lose power and reset it values.

I'm 99% sure that your problem is a hardware issue. You have no power. I see that you have done some soldering to your tag. Perhaps some component broke due to the heat or maybe the using an external power source have broken one components. Obviously the card works when it gets power from the NFC-field so I doubt that the microprocessor is broken.

Remove your batteries and I'll bet it'll behave exactly the same.

kallt_kaffe wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Regards!.

While resetting mine I realized that it actually works without batteries. While in the NFC-field it gets enough juice to run even with the batteries removed. When you remove it from the NFC field it will lose power and reset it values.

I'm 99% sure that your problem is a hardware issue. You have no power. I see that you have done some soldering to your tag. Perhaps some component broke due to the heat or maybe the using an external power source have broken one components. Obviously the card works when it gets power from the NFC-field so I doubt that the microprocessor is broken.

Remove your batteries and I'll bet it'll behave exactly the same.

Nope, i've tried many times to read my emu with no power, always with no luck (at least with my phone and my RC522, they read it with no problems when i feed it).
Also it was working fine a week ago, i just put it inside a box with a lot of care with my other arduino, 4duino, ard nano... i take it yesterday night (after a week stored) to perform new tests and found it in this state.

Regards!

25 (edited by CoolArts 2017-02-23 18:50:32)

Kallt_Kaffe wrote:

Ok, you are right:
1) I tried to read the emutag with no power... no luck.
2) I inserted the batteries in the emutag... get read response.
3) Writed some values to page 16, removed phone over emutag, put it again over emu for read... page 16 empty.
4) Writed again some values to page 16, readed page 16-19 without taking the phone out of emutag reach. Page 16 sows the values i writed.
5) Removed phone from emutag and read TAG again, page 16 empty.

So it seems that batteries or adapter give emutag enough power with the sum of the field power to work, but once the field is out, it's not well feeded. Also the power of my phone field isn't enough for power the emutag without batteries or adapter.

Does this behaviour have any kind of sense for you?

Edit: If i literally touch the antenna of the back side of emutag with my phone, field is enough power to read. Anyway the side from where i always read the emutag with the phone (and the distance of +/- 6mm) between them, present the behavior I mentioned above.

Regards!.