Topic: How to print the initial strip

Hi all,

Only had the printer a few days so still getting to grips with it.

The first few prints I downloaded from the web, these had a strip on the side of the model the the printer did first, I assume this is to get the plastic flowing correctly to start the print.

I have mad a simple design in sketchup and when importing this onto xyzware the strip isnt there so the printer goes straight into the main model.

The peroblem is the initial part of the print is not clean and is lifting slightly. How do I add the strip? is this something i need to add myself in sketch up or does xyzware do it somewhere?

Thanks

Dan

Re: How to print the initial strip

For me XYZware adds the line most of the times. I believe it only adds it when there is enough space on the right side of printer bed. Trying moving your object to the left side of the printer bed.

Thanks very much mate, reduced the size of the part and the line was added.

Cheers

Woody565,

I sent you a PM

Just seen the pm and replied

Just dumped the spool tht came supplied with the printer (using Arduino). Spool is blue and has 53m left. will use some more and dump again.

If this should be in a separate thread/post mods please advise.

https://s29.postimg.org/8yuxiegdj/Spool_dump.jpg

I have the same issue. When I make something in Tinkercad and save as stl I don't get the strip either. I need the strip to print. Help please!

what size is the print you are trying to make? does it fill a lot of the bed?

I had to reduce the size of my model in XYZware and then after slicing the strip appeared.