Topic: Tech help Hictop i3 no Z axis

Hi all, a little probably unnecessarily intro first.

But anyway, I’m pretty new to 3d printing. I purchased and self-built my first 3d printer around 6 months ago, it is a hictop i3, after some adjustments I was getting some good but not perfect prints.

After some research, I knew I needed a sheet of glass to level my imperfect bed. But as life goes, some months went by before I got around to actually getting said glass.

Well now I have my new glass installed, I started to do the usual calibration, auto-home etc. but I noticed immediately that the left Z-axis motor wasn’t quite right, it was as if the right motor was doing all the work and the left was either doing nothing or lagging. So I pulled the power and then proceeded to pull out and put back in all the connectors, just encase something had been knocked in the past few months.

Well now when I press Auto-Home, X and Y do the business but now Z does nothing now? Do I have a dodgy board, wire or both motor now gone?

Please remember I’m new to the 3d printing scene? Thanks for any advice in advance.

Re: Tech help Hictop i3 no Z axis

sounds like a connection issue or a blown z axis driver.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura