1 (edited by BurningRingOfFire 2016-12-23 18:43:50)

Topic: [New Build] And So It Begins...

Das Wife Unit (AKA "Female Companionship Unit (FCU)"  AKA "Yes, Dear" AKA "Klara") decided to start building the scanner this morning while I am stuck here at a well known Cheese And Sausage Gift Basket Company... ensuring our Dry Salami gets delivered to your back door before the holidays.     

Ahem.   

Anyway.     I have a long list of THINGS WE NEED FROM THE HARDWARE STORE because apparently the included screws do not meet her indescribably picky metal-working princess-of-the-trades standards.     And apparently she is  not amused about the lack of technical drawings.        SHE DOES NOT LIKE WORKING FROM YOUTUBE VIDEOS, and this is my fault...  even though I told her to wait.

This is kit 1 of 2.    Funny story --  we raised enough money selling Food Safe Cookie Cutter custom prints this year that I decided to invest in an Atlas kit.    One of the joys of marriage is a thing called a Joint Account.   Meaning you both put money into the account and you both can withdraw.   This has never been an issue for us as I trust her implicitly and she trusts me as well.  We've never had any sort of issue...

Until I clicked "buy" and the statement popped up on her screen and she screamed "OMG YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS FOREVER I ALREADY BOUGHT YOU ONE OF THESE ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG."   It was decided at this point... well we have 12 printers why not two scanners.

Anyway.   I have no idea how far she got but she stopped texting me profanity laced tirades about fasteners an hour ago.  Either the Pi board power supply electrocuted her or she found something else to work on.   Probably the second because she just texted me about the adjustments I made to her TIG-welder (also profanity laced.)      She used to be so nice.  wink

So that's where things stand with our build at the moment,  more as we move forward and also pictures.

Jingle ALL The Way,

BROF and FCU

MonoPrice Mini Select,  Orion Delta, HeartlessTech I3 2020, TWO Taz-5,  8 Wanhao Clones
Filistruder (Operational)  (Scanners RMA'd Due To Missing Components)
Benchtop Molding Press,  Arburg All-Arounder IMM,   Bridgeport ProTrac, Monarch 10EE Lathe,  Light Machine CNC Mill & Lathe
(THIS IS JUST MY HALF OF THE WORKSHOP MUAHAHAHAHA)

Re: [New Build] And So It Begins...

lol  I am looking forward to more of this build... should be entertaining at least. wink

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

You should totally get one of your own!

MonoPrice Mini Select,  Orion Delta, HeartlessTech I3 2020, TWO Taz-5,  8 Wanhao Clones
Benchtop Molding Press,  Arburg All-Arounder IMM,   Bridgeport ProTrac, Monarch 10EE Lathe,  Light Machine CNC Mill & Lathe

BurningRingOfFire wrote:

You should totally get one of your own!

Funny you should say that... one was ordered last night... smile

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Awesome news, Heartless.

Atlas Build Day Two:

Minor setback,  as one of our customers sent us a case of Christmas Cheer.    That plus the other customer who sent us a basket of Christmas Shelf Stable Cheese And Snacks has lead to several setbacks.

Mainly neither of us are sober enough to operate hand-tools safely.   wink