Topic: I always run out of filament on long prints, any solutions?

Long story short I have a closed source 3d printer so I cant do any hacking to make the printer pause the print for me. Are there any other options out there?

Re: I always run out of filament on long prints, any solutions?

HI Chicka, I actually had the same problem recently with my Witbox 2. I end up with a bunch of small spools Im too nervous to run and unfortunately, the manufacturer offers zero solutions for this.

I ended up designing & building a simple tool that sounds a super loud alarm when my filament is about to run out. It works with any diameter of filament and even has attachments to connect to bowden tubes and a filament oiler. If that is of interest you can check it out here: https://engineerdog.com/low-filament-alarm/

Thank you for the quick response, looks like a great option!

I find it extremely interesting that both users in this post have the exact same IP address. 
I wonder what will happen next?

In the Spammer category you get a A for effort but a B for banned!

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I knew I smelled spam.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura