Topic: Wanhao I3 Help, Brand new

Hello,

Brand new to 3d printing.  Just received my first printer today, Monoprice Maker Select V2 (wanhao I3).  Have not been able to test print yet because I cant seem to level the bed.

I am able to level the left side of the bed, but when I move the extruder to the right, the extruder rubs the platform.  I have the thumbwheels on the right tightened as low as I can get the bed.  How do I resolve this issue so I can start printing?

Thanks

Re: Wanhao I3 Help, Brand new

On mine, when I installed the glass bed, I had to cut just a tad off of all four springs. That gives a bit more room. You could try making all four springs just a tiny bit shorter.

I was cut out to be rich ... but ... I was sewn up all wrong!
Wanhao Duplicator I3 Plus with glass bed, MK10 All Metal Hot End

3 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-12-17 13:53:47)

I am able to level the left side of the bed, but when I move the extruder to the right, the extruder rubs the platform.  I have the thumbwheels on the right tightened as low as I can get the bed.  How do I resolve this issue so I can start printing?

sound like one side of the x axis is higher than the others . with the motors off turn one of the z axis screws and move one side up or down  . If you have a square check and see   if the x and z are square to one another.  Sounds like not adjusted in the factory or moved in shipment easy fix.
You may also need to ajest the position of the Z end stop.

Mechanical tuning and software tuning are IMHO a must for any new machine. At least the ones that are affordable and aimed at the home hobby market.
Assembly is often just that they do not have or take time in the factory to tune/ adjust.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Fyi leveling the bed is a bit is a misnomer.
in a perfect world your table will be level the bed will be level etc.

Tramming is in some ways a better term . in any case  the nozzle should be the same distance from the bed at any point on the x -y plane.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura