Topic: solidoodle 2

i recently tried using my solidoodle 2 base after a while and i added a heated build plate that i purchased from solidoodle before they went down. the problem i have been experiencing is that it will print fine for about 40 layers then movement stops but the code keeps getting sent to the printer i believe. any help would be appreciated

Sceuby

Re: solidoodle 2

Did you update the firmware when you installed it?
Sporadic behavior like ou mention is usually from a botched firmware setting.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

are you getting errors in the log? it would be helpful to know what they are if you do get them.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

i dont think i have updated the firmware at all. the last time i tried running the printer was a week ago because my powersupply killed its self. from what i remember there were no errors it just kept sending g code to the printer but the printer stopped moving.

Sounds like a communication error to me.  This can be caused by many things. Start with a fresh USB cable and the double check all connections.  An intermittent connection of any wire can cause interference that will cause strange behaviors.  Also check that you have no anti virus software running or automatic updates.  Turn off all energy savers such as screen saver or sleep/hibernate functions.  Take a good look at your PSU they are famous for bad solder joints on the AC/input side.  You won't notice the problem without actually opening the case and inspecting.
The more details you give us the better we can help.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

it is the base solidoodle 2 model and i added on the heated bed and the problem started happening after i added that on

And a bed heater draws more power than any other function of a printer.  Coincidence???? I think not.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

8 (edited by heartless 2016-12-16 16:36:32)

Sceubydoo wrote:

i dont think i have updated the firmware at all. the last time i tried running the printer was a week ago because my powersupply killed its self. from what i remember there were no errors it just kept sending g code to the printer but the printer stopped moving.

you say your power supply died, what are you using for a power supply now? It may not be powerful enough to run the heatbed and all the other things...

wardjr wrote:

And a bed heater draws more power than any other function of a printer.  Coincidence???? I think not.

and just as an added thought - you would need to update the firmware to enable a heated bed... wouldn't you?

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

i didnt update my firmware (idk how to ) but it worked anyway and yea i think it is my powersupply what should i get to replace it?

https://www.printitindustries.com/produ … wer-supply

also while i still had a powersupply the bed and extruder would heat up fine it was when i started printing that the problem would occur

how do i connect that to my printer i have the computer charger style port not terminals

There are options  to add a plug in the options drop down.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Or you can cut the cord from your existing PSU and connect those wires to the PSU.  However you choose to connect please verify polarity first.  The outer of the barrel needs to be negative, the inner is the positive.