Re: XYZ Printing Da Vinci Jr (w) / Da Vinci Mini (w) Hacking

I'm looking to reset the length of a cartridge to 100 meters (rather than 200 or 300) .  Is there some one that could explain how to do so?

Cgrillo has a couple of examples on how to do that on page 2 of this thread.
So for 100m it would be:
page 20: 0A 86 01 00 <- 0x000186A0 (100.000m)
page 21: E8 94 33 54 <- 0x000186A0 XOR 0x54321248 = 0x543394E8

ak wrote:

Cgrillo has a couple of examples on how to do that on page 2 of this thread.
So for 100m it would be:
page 20: 0A 86 01 00 <- 0x000186A0 (100.000m)
page 21: E8 94 33 54 <- 0x000186A0 XOR 0x54321248 = 0x543394E8

I want to thank you for reading the forms and helping out those who might not understand or can't read.

@Bozotclown1970
Enjoy your stay in Germany.
-----------------------------------
Meanwhile I have an Android to read the rfid. When I use NFC Tools I get a lot of information (NTAG 203 and so on) but no hex data. By using RFID NFC TOOLS I get no information at all.
Tags from davinci mini w.
Can anyone help me?

glette wrote:

@Bozotclown1970
Meanwhile I have an Android to read the rfid. When I use NFC Tools I get a lot of information (NTAG 203 and so on) but no hex data. By using RFID NFC TOOLS I get no information at all.
Can anyone help me?

The tags are NTAG213..  not NTAG203 or Mifare
Using the RFID tool, you should be able to get the first 8 pages of data.
If you can't (and you're not the only one) then it looks like a phone issue.

cgrillo wrote:
glette wrote:

@Bozotclown1970
Can anyone help me?

The tags are NTAG213..  not NTAG203 or Mifare
Using the RFID tool, you should be able to get the first 8 pages of data.
If you can't (and you're not the only one) then it looks like a phone issue.

thanks a lot cgrillo. I have one phone left to try....=o

both Samsung S3. No way to get the hex.

glette wrote:

both Samsung S3. No way to get the hex.

What do you get?
Post a screenshot

here they come: two different programs - two shotshttp://soliforum.com/i/?9VVzIpv.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?cXGuqGc.jpg

185 (edited by cgrillo 2017-06-27 20:54:11)

glette wrote:

here they come: two different programs - two shots

The card is being identified as a mifare ultralight c.
It's not, it's a ntag 213
Not a lot can be done if it's identified incorrectly.
I don't have an android and so can't help at all, apart from saying "have you rebooted the phone"

It does show the serial number though, but that really won't help much if the card type is identified incorrectly.

cgrillo wrote:
glette wrote:

here they come: two different programs - two shots

The card is being identified as a mifare ultralight c.
It's not, it's a ntag 213
Not a lot can be done if it's identified incorrectly.
I don't have an android and so can't help at all, apart from saying "have you rebooted the phone"

It does show the serial number though, but that really won't help much if the card type is identified incorrectly.

thank you so far. tomorrow I'll try to get another phone . Maybe it's a Samsung S3-thing. Both in my house showed the same scans. Now I'm glad to have something to look for. The whole forum delivered no answer that I was able to find.

Silly question, but did you turn on NFC in the settings of your phone?  My Samsung 97) has an NFC icon i the status bar on the top of the screen.  I do not see it in your screen shots.

mjf55 wrote:

Silly question, but did you turn on NFC in the settings of your phone?  My Samsung 97) has an NFC icon i the status bar on the top of the screen.  I do not see it in your screen shots.

I just checked NFC Tools on my Note 4 and you want get the view he is seeing unless he is actually reading a tag. Either his tags are not the right type or they are bad.

Maybe XYZ got wise and changed something as well.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
mjf55 wrote:

I just checked NFC Tools on my Note 4 and you want get the view he is seeing unless he is actually reading a tag. Either his tags are not the right type or they are bad.

Maybe XYZ got wise and changed something as well.

There is no icon shown on top. But I did manually switch NFC on. When I didn't , the program told me to turn on.
I have 3 more tags to test, but have to wait till tomorrow...

I got it. With a Samsung S7 I received the right data.

I have a (German) SCL011 "Generic Contactless Reader" for USB. Is there a way to edit NTAG213 on Windows PC using it? NFC21 tool does not support this reader, otherwise I suppose it could work?

Teddyz wrote:

I have a (German) SCL011 "Generic Contactless Reader" for USB. Is there a way to edit NTAG213 on Windows PC using it? NFC21 tool does not support this reader, otherwise I suppose it could work?

Yes, if you know how to program it...

cgrillo wrote:
Teddyz wrote:

I do not know how to make such a program. Is there an open source solution for Arduino + PN532?

Teddyz wrote:
cgrillo wrote:
Teddyz wrote:

I do not know how to make such a program. Is there an open source solution for Arduino + PN532?

There may not be a complete solution available, but google is your friend...

Hi,
first post and a few questions, if I may.
So I haven't even bought a 3D printer yet, but the Mini W is looking like it tops my list.
So, like others that have either already bought, or are thinking of buying the Mini, it's just a little off-putting that the cost of legit XYZ spools cost so much, and I'd definitely be interested in a reliable alternative solution.
But it seems that the cost of all the tools required to hack the spools also comes into play. Bearing in mind I have an iPhone, so the android phone isn't an option, looks like I'd need to buy all of the following :
1..EMUTAG - approx. £40 + cell batteries
2..Arduino Uno (I already have one of those)
3..Adafruit PN532 - approx. £40, but Chinese clone can be had for £10
4..an ebay purchase that gives me something software wise or other (a password?) :-) $5 / £8 ??

I need the EMUTAG to replace the NFC card in the spool, and I need the Arduino and PN532 to be able to program it.

So once I have that all working I'd be able to purchase any reel of PLA and fool the Mini into thinking I am using a genuine XYZ spool. So the main question is - is the Mini really worth this hassle, or would putting the cost of the Mini, approx. £230, together with the extra cost of the above parts, make it really worth buying a different make printer that does not require a proprietary spool??
Also to consider is the cost of XYZ spools compared to others, in the UK - are the other really much cheaper and/or better quality?

Apologies if this first post and question is in the wrong place - MODs feel free to put it in a more appropriate place if necessary.
Cheers,
Texy

196 (edited by cgrillo 2017-07-04 21:35:28)

texyuk wrote:

Hi,
first post and a few questions, if I may.
So I haven't even bought a 3D printer yet, but the Mini W is looking like it tops my list.
So, like others that have either already bought, or are thinking of buying the Mini, it's just a little off-putting that the cost of legit XYZ spools cost so much, and I'd definitely be interested in a reliable alternative solution.
But it seems that the cost of all the tools required to hack the spools also comes into play. Bearing in mind I have an iPhone, so the android phone isn't an option, looks like I'd need to buy all of the following :
4..an ebay purchase that gives me something software wise or other (a password?) :-) $5 / £8 ??

I need the EMUTAG to replace the NFC card in the spool, and I need the Arduino and PN532 to be able to program it.

So once I have that all working I'd be able to purchase any reel of PLA and fool the Mini into thinking I am using a genuine XYZ spool. So the main question is - is the Mini really worth this hassle, or would putting the cost of the Mini, approx. £230, together with the extra cost of the above parts, make it really worth buying a different make printer that does not require a proprietary spool??
Also to consider is the cost of XYZ spools compared to others, in the UK - are the other really much cheaper and/or better quality?

Apologies if this first post and question is in the wrong place - MODs feel free to put it in a more appropriate place if necessary.
Cheers,
Texy

There are other solutions

Yes , this is required

@bozot.. and I sell a hardware and software solution that replaces 2/3 and is £20 plus postage.
This saves you having to do any programming to get the emutag to work.

This is not required if you have an emutag.

Check the other threads for more info..

The non xyz filament is definitely cheaper and depending on the brand is a better quality - imho

197 (edited by mjf55 2017-07-05 01:29:26)

Texyuk, I did exactly what you described.  Bought the red PN532, had an Arduino nano, bought the software from the eBay guy , designed and made a case and put it all together.  I will do what I need, but it is not a complete package.
I wish I just bought the complete solution from. Cgrillo / bozotheclown.

Do yourself a favor and purchase it from these guys.

mjf55 wrote:

Texyuk, I did exactly what you described.  Bought the red PN532, had an Arduino nano, bought the software from the eBay guy , designed and made a case and put it all together.  I will do what I need, but it is not a complete package.
I wish I just bought the complete solution from. Cgrillo / bozotheclown.

Do yourself a favor and purchase it from these guys.

Thanks for the recommendation smile

cgrillo wrote:

@bozot.. and I sell a hardware and software solution that replaces 2/3 and is £20 plus postage.

The non xyz filament is definitely cheaper and depending on the brand is a better quality - imho

Hi cgrillo, thanks for the reply and info.
So regarding this £20 option that replaces items 2 and 3 in my list, I already have an Uno, and in my haste last night, I ordered the red PN532 clone already. So I'll need the software, which I believe is the .net application that you/bozot have written, and the arduino script?
And also a EMUTAG....
I see you are in the UK - can you recommend a good PLA source/type/supplier that works well with the Mini?
cheers
Texy

texyuk wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

Hi cgrillo, thanks for the reply and info.
So regarding this £20 option that replaces items 2 and 3 in my list, I already have an Uno, and in my haste last night, I ordered the red PN532 clone already. So I'll need the software, which I believe is the .net application that you/bozot have written, and the arduino script?
And also a EMUTAG....
I see you are in the UK - can you recommend a good PLA source/type/supplier that works well with the Mini?
cheers
Texy

Texy,

Unfortunately we do not share the code we have for the Arduino. 
The .Net app is also only usable by the Arduinos that we supply.

I use these for filament in my Junior
http://shop.3dfilaprint.com/

Charlie