Topic: Da vinci jr ramps auto level

Anyone tried auto level on the jr with ramps installed? I know a issue is the fact it only has one Y stepper Motor.. Any way around it?

Re: Da vinci jr ramps auto level

@rookesrobotics - Are you talking about firmware level compensation or mechanical auto bed levelling system?! Call me thick but what's the role of Y steppers in bed levelling?!

rookesrobotics wrote:

Anyone tried auto level on the jr with ramps installed? I know a issue is the fact it only has one Y stepper Motor.. Any way around it?

I thought auto leveling was achieved by varied Z height controlled by fuzzy math based on premeasered zones around the bed.

At X coordinate Z height is varied depending in premeasered for that coordinate.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

@kr15 Yeah typo on my end.. And Yes I'm talking about software auto level using measurements from a probe like the i3 do

@kr15 Yeah typo on my end.. And Yes I'm talking about software auto level using measurements from a probe like the i3 do

i tried it and it did a horrible job.. i plan on trying again tonight but every single time i do it it ends up with a bed impact. I think because our end stops are a negative Z value its ignoring my z offset when you do homing so i think i have to artificially set the Z to (Proper Z) + (Offset) on each probe on the mesh. Ill update tonight.