Topic: from 1.75 to 3 mm

hi

I have the edv6 1.75 and by mistake i bought 2 rollsl of 3mm filament (no turnng back)

I noticed that the diameter of the extruder was bigger. can i change the PTFE tubing and use the 3mm filament ?
on a temp basis.

thanks you.

Re: from 1.75 to 3 mm

IIRC the heat break need to be changed so no without ordering the needed parts to change the ED3

Hopefully one of the experts will clarify this.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

i believe the heatsink is different as well, not just the heatbreak (threaded part)
they may look the same on the outside, but the internal drilling is done differently between the two

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Thanks that what  I was thinking, anyway the lite version is cheap, so I'm gonna do that.

I just need to figure out a system to switch plug and play the heater fan and termistor ....

no need to change the fan or the heater block.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

if you get the new style cartridge thermistors, they come with a connector on a short pigtail, then all you need is the other side of that connector to run to the controller board...

then all you would have to do is figure out a way to connect the heater cartridge wires... the XT-30 RC battery connectors are quite nice for that aspect of things... small enough to not get in the way, but plenty sturdy enough for the application. wink just a simple matter of snipping the wires at a convenient location and soldering in the connectors.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1