Topic: Davinci 1.0 Hot End Temperature

I'm running a Davinci 1.0 with Repetier 0.92.  In my prints, I have my hot end set to 225C.  When I print, my hot end is consistently around 221-222C, not 225.  I tried running the PID calibration and entering the values from that into the firmware using Repetier Host, but the problem persists.  From what I have read online, others say that the maximum temp for the hot end is 240C.  Why is my hot end struggling and failing to hit my desired temperature?

Re: Davinci 1.0 Hot End Temperature

Jozer99 wrote:

I'm running a Davinci 1.0 with Repetier 0.92.  In my prints, I have my hot end set to 225C.  When I print, my hot end is consistently around 221-222C, not 225.  I tried running the PID calibration and entering the values from that into the firmware using Repetier Host, but the problem persists.  From what I have read online, others say that the maximum temp for the hot end is 240C.  Why is my hot end struggling and failing to hit my desired temperature?

Your power supply could be weak or bad.  It is widely known that the stock supply is under rated as evident by the pulsating Kids inside the cabinet during printing. You should get a contact type thermometer and confirm what your hot end temp is.  You will probably find it off from reported temp by 10 or even 20 degrees.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Where can I get a better power supply?  How involved is swapping it out?

4 (edited by Jozer99 2016-11-22 03:34:10)

I tried setting the hot end to 225C and keeping the heated bed off.  The hot end was able to get to the same temperature (around 220C) as with the heated bed on.  Shouldn't there be more power available to the hot end with the heated bed off if there is a power supply issue?

Jozer99 wrote:

I tried setting the hot end to 225C and keeping the heated bed off.  The hot end was able to get to the same temperature (around 220C) as with the heated bed on.  Shouldn't there be more power available to the hot end with the heated bed off if there is a power supply issue?

Is this a modded printer? You are using .92 Repetier, did you set the correct thermistor when you uploaded the firmware?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

The only modification is the installation of Repetier.  I followed the directions on the Davinci/Repetier website (https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier- … /README.md) for the Davinci 1.0 (not the 1.0A).  This included loading failsafe defaults in the EEPROM.  I never set any thermistor values manually.  The only EEPROM mucking I have done is to alter the PID coefficients after running the calibration routine in the hope of improving the hot-end performance. 

I can successfully print with ABS at 220C, so I think the thermistor is probably properly configured, if it were way off, it wouldn't be able to print at all, right?

Jozer99 wrote:

Where can I get a better power supply?  How involved is swapping it out?

I think meanwell power supply is the best choice. You can buy it on Ebay or Amazon.