Topic: Replacing nozzle

Replaced my nozzle. In case someone else is pondering that move, thought I'd share my experience:

To get something consistent long term as a vendor, I went name brand with Micro Swiss. Their E3D style nozzle fit the Press without leaking.

Better yet, the E3D style has longer threads. This lets you get the heater block a bit further from the heat sink. The original nozzle gave very little clearance there, meaning a lot of heat transfered to the heat sink.  The added clearance should reduce the heat load on the anemic Press heat sink. Unfortunately I forgot to measure the temperature before the swap, so no hard data there. The heater block is still fully engaged on the tube threads, so the transition zone length shouldn't be affected much.

Also, the MicroSwiss nozzle has a coating claimed to have much lower friction and much greater durability than uncoated nozzles. Ideally, that slipperiness should let me turn down the stepper current some, which should also lower the cold end temperature a bit. Haven't gone there yet.

As expected, I had to tweak the z offset after swapping nozzles. Also, I had to turn down my print temperature a bit. (not sure that was related to the nozzle swap though.)