Topic: Sell me SD3 thermistors please

I keep getting M999 Error and think it is because I damaged my thermistor. Does any have any extra they can sell me? I know I could buy the crimper, connectors, and a thermistor from dijikey. I'm hoping there is an easy way.

Re: Sell me SD3 thermistors please

Are you still using the stock hotend? If so, I would highly recommend upgrading to better one like an E3D.
The stock hotend is hardly accurate due to the placement and type of thermistor.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

M999 on a Solidoodle is usually a wiring harness problem. The wires they used couldn't take the repeated flexing.

I would have to agree with upgrading the hotend - even the E3D Lite6 would be a huge improvement over stock, and you would be updating the wiring at the same time. wink

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Does the E3D Lite6  have the same electrical connectors?  The stock hotend has worked fine for me. What type of improvements can I expect from the E3D Lite6?

The errors started after I removed my hotend to to clear a ninjaflex filament jam.

http://e3d-online.com/Lite6

The ED3 and the little brother lite are arguably the best hot ends on the market . It is where the rubber hits the road so to speak or in this case where the plastic is heated and deposited.
It is the favored hot end of most is not all of the experienced 3d printer owners here.
the ed3 lite will give a higher safe max temp than the stock hot end 245 c vs 230 c
it is built for reliability and serviceability.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

OK. I I found the E3D Lite6 upgrade replacement instructions(below) but it requires an MK5 extruder assembly.  I can't print it without my printer working. Also that MK5 extruder assembly does not look like it will work with Ninjaflex.

http://www.soliwiki.com/E3D_extruder

A few of us started a company that sells upgrades and replacement parts Printitindustries.com
The MK6 is the extruder which has been revised for the v6  and Lite6 hotends, which we carry as well as the hotends themselves.

I have actually pushed a few pounds of TPE and TPU out of this extruder type just fine

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

If i wer upgrading an SD to to an ed3  I would probably go with the titan .

I have a titan ed3 combo on another printer . IIRC the aluminum extruder for the prinbot simple will work as well. It is very nice as well but different.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed

I'm going to try and sell this printer. If I can get $100 for it I'll put the money tward a new machine.

AZERATE wrote:

A few of us started a company that sells upgrades and replacement parts Printitindustries.com
The MK6 is the extruder which has been revised for the v6  and Lite6 hotends, which we carry as well as the hotends themselves.

I have actually pushed a few pounds of TPE and TPU out of this extruder type just fine

So I am in a similar boat... workbench bought for the library by the friends group and now I can't make it work.  Getting the m999 error.  If I buy two MK6, what else do I need to get this stupid printer working?  I paid WAY too much for it and must needs get it working.

Buy a pair of ed3 aeros and be done with it.
https://printedsolid.com/products/e3d-titan-aero