Topic: Strange issues with Skipping

I have been having some strange issues with Skipping in the X axis.  I originally thought it was my Y stepper motor starving the board for power because that axis movement seemed to be too tight and bound up somewhat and it only happened when X and Y were in motion.  I fixed the Y axis (Clean and lube the rails) however the issue continued. 

I tested again one day and Y and X moved just fine with no issue, however the extruder stepper never moved.

Im starting to wonder if I have a power supply problem, but I'm not sure.  I already ordered a new X stepper motor and messed up the original pinion gear (looking for replacement).

anyone else experienced this or have any idea where to start troubleshooting? 

Thanks!

Dean

Re: Strange issues with Skipping

Depending on what you have the stepper motor may only jog if the nozzle is up to temp. What you are seeing could be normal behavior . Preheat the nozzle then try to extrude some filament or run the extruder dry.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: Strange issues with Skipping

Thanks For your reply.  I should have mentioned I am trying to print the same saved gcode that I have printed many times for demonstations so I know the printer usually preheats everything to the correct temps.  Same white PLA filament used as well.

Also, I usually get a clicking sound in the extruder when it is not up to temp and trying to push filliment.  In the current situation, I never see the extruder stepper attempt to turn.

It's almost as if it can only power 3 of the 4 of the steppers at a time.