1 (edited by SophiaL 2021-08-26 04:52:45)

Topic: Flashforge Finder vs Velleman Vertex K8400 printer.

Hello

I'm thinking about investing in my 3D printer, and I was looking for some advice on what to buy.

I was looking at the Flashforge Finder, and it looks good, but my concern is that it has no support for heated bed, and is not able to print with Ninjaflex (or am I wrong there?). A good thing with the Finder is that it is more or less Plug-and-play.

The Velleman one has support for dual head, and it is possible to add a heated bed on it, but looks like it has a lot of assembly.

The print surface is also bigger on the Velleman one.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj3BuD … ACAQcYNA8w

I'm also considering Wanhao Duplicator i3 plus, or i3 v2.1.

Thanks in advanced

Re: Flashforge Finder vs Velleman Vertex K8400 printer.

My vote would be for the Wanhao Duplicator I3 Plus. I have had one for several months and it has run for nearly 300 hours now with out any major problem. I did switch it to a MK10, all metal hot end and that is working fine.

The machine is very quiet and seems well built. I printed out the modification to the "tower" and installed them and now it is rock solid.

I am not familiar with the others that you mentioned so can't comment on them.

I was cut out to be rich ... but ... I was sewn up all wrong!
Wanhao Duplicator I3 Plus with glass bed, MK10 All Metal Hot End

3 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-10-24 22:54:45)

Re: Flashforge Finder vs Velleman Vertex K8400 printer.

The finder is flash forges low end entry level unit targeting the plug and play consumer market . It is designed to look cool at an affordable price . it is made for PLA that is it. 

The velleman is designed to be improved and modified . But it is a kit so yes time to assemble wire tune etc. 
the z axis screws are cheap standard thread not motion screws. 
The wanhao  comes pre build some assembly required about 1/2 hour to assemble. Has real lead screws metal bearing blocs IIRC heat bed specked for multiple materials. Has a display and sd card .
My second printer  is one of these.

https://folgertech.com/products/folger- … rinter-kit

Is it the best printer or the best kit no. But a decent kit and IMHO a good value if you WANT  to build a kit.  Kit building is not for the faint of heart  . You need to have a good amount of perseverance as well as technical skills.

FT also offers the cloner  their version of the often cloned makerbot/ Flashforge creator etc. 
a real flash forge is about a $900 the cloner is $380 with dual extruders.

What do expect out of  a printer and what do want to put into it.
I have seen posts of people giving up on 3d printers and trashing them and people giving up on kits and offering for sale cheap.

All doable but not for someone who expects magic expect some  work, sweat and frustration

What do expect out of  a printer and what do want to put into it.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura