Topic: Another desktop filament maker

http://3devo.eu/product-category/extruder/

This one looks nice and is quite compact. A bit on the pricey side. Looks great , nice European design.
Slim on specs it gives max temp, lists a filament diameter sensor so size is adjustable but no specs on output rates.
And the winder is built in the box so sleek compact design .

Honestly if I was to spend 4 grand on an extruder system I would be looking at the filabot ex2  and filabot spooler.
A lot more industrial looking  and more bench space but made in USA and available support.

But in all reality the filastuder and filawinder are likely the most realist choice for the home. Since a filawinder and filasruder cost less than $600 may not be the fastest on the market but  affordable for the home.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

2 (edited by genesat1 2016-10-27 00:39:10)

Re: Another desktop filament maker

At least IMO there's only one possible competitor out there to Filastruder at all in the same price bracket (Protocycler), and even then it's $699-799 (preorder price now, and when they start shipping it's going to be $799) so compare that to $469 for Filastruder/Filawinder and it's a substantial price difference (just not as big a difference as $469 to $3,500).

I looked at it before I got my Filastruder, but decided I didn't want to wait (it's one of those crowdfunding projects that was suppose to be delivered a year ago, but hasn't shipped yet) because you just never know how long something is going to take to come out.  Not to mention Filastruder is now on revision 2 while they will be sending out revision 1 models when they start shipping (and you always find something to fix once a mass amount of people have your product).