Topic: XYZ junior bed problem

Hello,

I've just bought my first 3d printer, and after having been able to use the sample PLA that was delivered with it without unsolvable problems, I've changed it and I now have a problem I can't figure out.

I start a print, and it sticks to the bed on the right side but not on the left. I've tried moving the print left to right (several tests) the more I move it to my left, the less it sticks. If I move it to my right, the extruder head starts scratching the bedsheet. Am I correct in assuming that it's an X axis problem ? And do you think that doing what's in this video would help ?

I'm a bit hesitant about unscrewing stuff in my printer, I'm afraid I won't be able to restore things to the way they were...

Thanks !

François.

Re: XYZ junior bed problem

The bed isn't level

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

On the X axis, correct ?

@steelvow - yep, that's what you need to do. Jr doesn't have bed levelling via thumbscrews or so underneath the bed so this is XYZ way to level.
Unfortunately my experience with this procedure isn't as great, it can level out quite bad X sag but quite useless for fine toning.
I found that little paper squares underneath the bed glass was the best for fine toning.
Well, that's my experience, I'd presume XYZ's procedure works for others so I'd suggest to try doing that 1st.

Thanks, i'll try that tonight

@steelvow - 1st take measurements with regular A4 plain 2D printer paper of every corner + middle point. (eg. top left - 3paper sheets, bottom left 4paper sheets, top right...)
Then you'll see how much you need to compensate on each corner.
When done - measure again and adjust once again.
Pretty much takes 3x rounds to get it straight.

The thing with paper under the bedsheet on the junior is that the bed sheet is mobile. So I don't know where to put the paper. And I've been unable to try the "official" method, I'll go buy a hexagonal screwdriver.

I think I've been making progress, my bed is leveled decently, but print quality is bad. I've looked on the internet, I believe there's a partial clog in my extruder (that was fast, I've barely used the sample PLA) and using the small tool doesn't do the trick. I've tried the "leave the tool inside until it's 90-100 degrees and pull to get what's inside" twice, it didn't work. And I've just realised I'm missing the "feeding path cleaning wire" so I can't clean it from above. Any idea about the diameter of that wire ? What else can I do to unclog my extruder ?

@steelvow - get in touch with XYZ support, they'll send you a new "poking stick". I bent mine once and they sent me a new one. But if if you need something for now I'd guess it's the same diameter as 1.75mm filament, sorry haven't measured mine.
To unclog my hotend I use Nylon, quite pricey especially because you can't print it on Jr but works a treat.
Heat it up to 230c, push it through, then cool it down to 150c and pull. 2-3x rounds and my hotend is clean as new. I'm doing this now pretty much every 2nd week, not because it gets clogged but for the cleaning purposes to ensure as perfect as possible prints.

The only solution I have left is to try the nylon. I've been trying to unclog it from above  and from below (using small rods of similar diameter than the "official" ones, I'm not removing any plastic yet my extruder just wont load and extrude the filament properly. And when I try to load the filament, I keep earing this clicking noise on the left of my printer.