1 (edited by deon.eksteen 2016-10-13 10:41:48)

Topic: Da Vinci 1.0A bronze bushing

Hi everyone

I am from South Africa and the challenge I am facing is that after a few hundred printing hours I need to replace the 8mm bronze self lubricating bushings on the X and Y axis. XYZ support and none of the distributors and suppliers in South Africa can provide me with replacement parts or the specs on these bushings.
The only company that was prepared to assist me was Vesconite, but according to them, their plastic bushings cannot handle the speeds involved in 3d printing.
Anyone out there that can advise me what my next step is, guide me in the right direction or able to supply me with the specs of these bushings? Providing a bearing manufacturing company with the specs can be an option.
Guys I need urgently need some help as I am experiencing 3d printing withdrawal symptoms tongue
Regards
Deon

Re: Da Vinci 1.0A bronze bushing

Hi
73 views and nobody has an answer for me on the above request. I urgently need the precise inner diameter, outer diameter and width of the 8mm bronze self lubricating bushing on the Da Vinci 1.0A 3d printer.
Regards
Deon

I have in my notes from my carriage design work that they're 12mm long, 8mm ID, 12mm OD. When I was measuring them, the length didn't seem to be terribly important - I had one that was 7.8mm.

4 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-11-05 23:05:00)

Look Here :

https://folgertech.com/collections/bear … lace-lm8uu

http://3dmodularsystems.com/680-thickbox_default/douille-igus-drylin-rj4jp-01-08-compatible-lm8uu.jpg

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

Look Here :

Deon is asking about the bronze bushings XYZ is using in the Da Vinci 1.0A, not an LM8UU. I'm also a bit skeptical of that offering - if you look at IGUS's spec sheets, they require that their bushings be pre-loaded by being press-fit into housings (which most enthusiasts simply can't do), or they sell a pre-loaded version in an aluminum housing. Without the pre-loading (as in that FolgerTech offering), the bushings will have a significant amount of slop. IGUS's spec sheets have numbers for this.

wiley wrote:
Tin Falcon wrote:

Look Here :

Deon is asking about the bronze bushings XYZ is using in the Da Vinci 1.0A, not an LM8UU. I'm also a bit skeptical of that offering - if you look at IGUS's spec sheets, they require that their bushings be pre-loaded by being press-fit into housings (which most enthusiasts simply can't do), or they sell a pre-loaded version in an aluminum housing. Without the pre-loading (as in that FolgerTech offering), the bushings will have a significant amount of slop. IGUS's spec sheets have numbers for this.

XYZ bushings are just sleeves placed in a channel and then held in place with a spot of epoxy. They are not pressed and do have slop which is the reason most move to bearings.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

7 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-11-06 12:54:18)

Ok me bad try this   
https://www.mcmaster.com/mva/library/20150608/6658k680l.gif

USD 1.50 each

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Thanks Tim for the specs. 
Now to find someone to make them for me. Most engineering firms will only make quantities of 1000 +, so guess an import would be easier and cheaper.
Regards
Deon

deon.eksteen wrote:

Thanks Tim for the specs. 
Now to find someone to make them for me. Most engineering firms will only make quantities of 1000 +, so guess an import would be easier and cheaper.
Regards
Deon

They are listed all over eBay.  Should be able to find some close to home on ebay as well.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.