Topic: Solidoodle 2 with ramps 1.4

hello everybody,
i am sorry for my english level, but i am italian and i am not so good at it.
i have got a solidoodle 2 and i want to use a ramps 1.4 with it.
i followed this topic http://www.soliforum.com/topic/303/ramp … olidoodle/ and i used the firmware linked there (i don't know if there is another firmware that works better) but i have some problems.... when i try to make the axis go in home they dont move well.
i think the problem is related to the polulu a4988 and their voltage, which is the right voltage for it?
if somebody has others suggestions, tell me
i am still sorry for my english

Re: Solidoodle 2 with ramps 1.4

First of all check for mechanical issues . no binding good belt tension tight set screws and proper lube on rods.
Confirm check end stop wiring /end stop function.
There are ways to calculate and measure vref. But if the above is good just increase the vref slightly and then move under power. Adjust again if needed and retest  repeat until things move smooth and motors are not getting too hot.
tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: Solidoodle 2 with ramps 1.4

Tin Falcon wrote:

First of all check for mechanical issues . no binding good belt tension tight set screws and proper lube on rods.
Confirm check end stop wiring /end stop function.
There are ways to calculate and measure vref. But if the above is good just increase the vref slightly and then move under power. Adjust again if needed and retest  repeat until things move smooth and motors are not getting too hot.
tin

Hello, i checked everything and things are ok i think.. i changed the polulu and used the a4988 and tried to set them with the right voltage the things move  but only in one direction and if i use the command autohome it doesnt work.. i was wondering now if could be how i wired the endstop... there is 3 pin on it which pin do i have to use? now i used the first and the third pin, so not the one in the middle...
do you have any suggestion?
thanks