Topic: Need advice on flashing my da Vinci 1.0

Help! I purchased a used da Vinci 1.0 last weekend. I purchased it with the intention of flashing Repetier.

I'm on a Mac and I flashed it successfully once. When I was choosing the setup, I used "1" for the da Vinci 1.0 and then picked "0" for the model. The only problem I had is that it didn't do anything when I tried to use the LCD menu. I could move around the menu, but if I tried to home things, it made a quick whirring sound but nothing happened. I leveled the bed manually but I couldn't get it to rise up so I could make sure it was perfectly level with the extruder. It just made a loud grinding noise. I thought I'd try using Repetier Host to control the da Vinci but it couldn't connect. I tried using Cura but the same result.

I figured I must've messed something up when I flashed Repetier to the da Vinci, so I erased it and tried to flash it again. This time I chose "1" for the da Vinci 1.0 but changed the model option to "1" since I had to use the J37 jumper on my particular board. I was able to run the compiler in Arduino but Arduino wasn't able to send the compiled software to the da Vinci. It initially could see it but couldn't seem to communicate to it. I tried switching back to model "0" but no dice.

So right now, my da Vinci is sitting without firmware. I can see where it would connect via USB in the Network panel in System Preferences, but for some reason Arduino can't see that same option now. I'm befuddled as to what I am doing wrong since I managed to succeed once? I've tried using a different cable and tried plugging the USB into different ports but no success.

Besides using a borrowed Windows laptop, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm am flying by the seat of my pants right now. It's fun, but it is a little frustrating too since all the guides I've found at Youtube and elsewhere were meant for Windows users.

If I can get the da Vinci flashed again, my intention is to use it under the simple options until I gain more experience with setting temps, etc.