Topic: Picked up (another) solidoodle 2 Pro

Scored a new never used solidoodle 2 pro for $200 bucks. I have a solidoodle 3 that I have been really happy with after doing a few mods. I think I'm going to only run PLA through the 2, as my 3 is setup and dialed in for abs quite well. Can I use the same PC running repetier on a 2nd printer? Not sure if it allows me to save multiple profiles?

Post's attachments

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg 215.77 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg 247.07 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Picked up (another) solidoodle 2 Pro

You can have multiple profiles in repeiter

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

+1  I have mine set up for a sd3 and a prusa  set up a new printer profile.

tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

yes, you can have multiple profiles in RH, and you can open multiple instances of it at the same time as well - I have had 4 different printers running at the same time before.

The only time you may run into an issue is if you have 2 printers with identical controller boards and firmware plugged into the same USB header on the PC. The PC will get confused as to which one is which.
This can be solved easily, however, by plugging one into a different USB header - like one in back and one in front if you have front ports.
Another alternative would be to use a powered USB hub

I, personally, would also recommend going into Device Manager and setting the COM ports to something higher than the default designation for each printer connected - this prevents other devices from "stealing" the COM port.

As an example, I have my #1 SD4 set as COM 13, #2 is COM 15, and so on

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

wish I could find a deal on an SD3 to make duel extruder out of

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Thanks guys! smile

Pics to come soon. SD3 has served me well. Hopefully the SD2 does also.

Also found out, it's the base, not the pro. No heated bed.

seems like you should be able to add a heat bed . may have to tweak the firmware.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura