Topic: Thread cap

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how i can create a screw cap for this?

35mm diameter and 10mm high 1mm thread gap

http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?actio … tr=15121f5

Post's attachments

20160924_210951.jpg 2.48 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-09-29 01:25:03)

Re: Thread cap

first step download auto desk 123D design a free program from the makers of auto cad.

I watched this tutorial. threads are a little tediuos to draw . But watcth this maybe a couple times  it covers all the steps you need to design your cap.
tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

you will need to determine the thread pitch and consult a thread chart for the correct dimensions.

Looking at the charts it appears  the common pitch for 35 mm is 1.5  but that can be measured.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed

Here is another tutorial video if you use SketchUp

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

Also be aware some of the how to make a thread videos are bogus. Read some reviews if you are not familiar with thread design.
There is on that some guy posted that the thread shape is wrong and it does not generate a helix.
the one I posted should give a accurate thread.

Tin