Topic: Da Vinci 1.0 under extruding

just as the title says I have a under extruding issue with my davinci 1.0 there are no clicking sounds comeing from the head but there is a popping sound almost like a over heated plastic popping sound. I am using abs but at temps between 225-235 the sound stays the same wether the temp is hotter or cooler. I have printed a ton of stuff at this temp no issues till now. I can get the under extruding issue corrected now buy turning the filament rate up to 130% and slowing the head down to 80 what would have caused this issue all of a sudden. I cleaned the head very well and insured that the  bed is leveled and at a sheet of a4 paper away from the head. The head has not been removed at this point. I have also tried a brand new roll of filament and this did not resolve the issue so I don't think it's a moisture issue. Any thoughts?

Post's attachments

IMG_3951.PNG 4.32 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Da Vinci 1.0 under extruding

@tpappas60 - I had this type of the under-extrusion when my extruder motor was working too hard and overheating. Can you check if your extruder motor is getting quite hot when printing?! Also there should be a reason why you needed to ramp up extrusion rate to 130% - I'd say it's a clog. Try to heat your hotend up to 250c+ and clean it with the needle from the bottom and metal rod from the top. When that's done try to push filament in by hand to help that crushed clog stuff to go out. If it's too big to go out through the 0.4 nozzle then you'll need to pull it out from the top. I've done it once using nylon 618 filament (apparently that's the best for this type of the job). You heat your nozzle to 250c+, push in filament, let it cool to 200c and do quick pull. It hardens enough to stick to the clogged stuff but soft enough to be pulled out. Never tried to do this with ABS or PLA but if you find the right temperature I'd say it's doable. I did that 3x just to make sure it's clean and it was working again as new.