Re: Solidoodle 3 Heatbed No Longer Working

This is the firmware version you'll want to use.  https://github.com/ozadr1an/Solidoodle- … in_v1_beta

Make sure you have selected the correct board number 62 in the configuration.hhttp://soliforum.com/i/?CytHERp.png

As for the reset button, don't hold it down.  Just a quick click before pressing upload should work.

If for some reason there is no bootloader on your board send me a PM but I doubt that is the case.  What serial number is your printer?

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Thanks for the quick reply, will try this tonight.
I am very anxious to get printing again.  Should the printer PS have top be on, off or no matter?
The printer label states#04338.
The microcontroller states#1317004763

Thanks!
Victor

Your board definitely will have a bootloader.  As for the PSU it shouldn't matter but I'd have it on.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

Thanks for the great feedback.
As a follow up my thread, I am up and running. I decided to try this process on another PC  and wala, "uploaded complete"
I used "mlaws-solidoodle2-marlin-f4c71ae" to start edited for the following:

#define MOTHERBOARD 62   ------------Sanguino
#define POWER_SUPPLY 1   ------------Supernight Power Supply
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5 ------------E3D v6
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 5--------- Calidum HALE Heated Bed

#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 225
#define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 275
#define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 275
#define BED_MAXTEMP 135

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {88,88,2268,110.5}

This was after noticing that my SD was extruding 125mm per 100m step.
Anything else I missed?
My infrared thermometer still shows 5deg less on bed with tape than repetier displays.
Thanks!

Whats confusing is all the terms that have to be understood.

Github, sketch, marlin etc. Should be a one step process, maybe two.

Cheers!

An IR thermometer is not going to give you exactly the same readings.  The important thing is to set your temps as they work for that machine.  So long as your parts stick at a particular set temp of say 100c as displayed by RH.  It really doesn't matter if the actual temp is 95 or 105.

I have a Solidoole 3, and on Saturday I had the same exact situation occur to me that "Connor.Nation" had with his heat bed wire. I found this link below that provides a lot of information regarding print beds and the shortcuts manufacturers and open source engineers are performing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8hBjBVwCYw

I am grateful for finding this blog because I have discovered a temporary solution that "Connor.Nation" indicates by replacing the plug that had burned up. and discovered a more permanent solution using a different heat bed the Calidum Hale heater by PrintIt Industries as suggested by "Heartless".

-Sam

vdesigner99 wrote:

Ok Iv followed as many tutorials and instructions as I could but am not sure if anything was updated. The following is the process I followed on my 3 year old SD3 with stock Sanguinololu(sanguino) v1.3. Since I assume it was flashed with the first factory firmaware I hope that anything other than my attempt to flash for the E3D and  Calidum HALE Heated Bed wont be affected.
I downloaded "Solidoodle-arduino-1.0.5-windows.zip", since it had "sanguino" in its hardware list I was able to select and use without using the "Sanguino-0101r1.zip". I opened adriuno loaded "Marlin.pde", set #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 5 // and #define BED_MAXTEMP 135 //. I then sketch verify/compile. No errors. I then saved, pressed the button on the sang board let go then uploaded from the adriuno. Seem to go ok but ends with "avrud: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xd7". I don't know what is missing.
Does the solidoodle have to be on or off? Do I press and hold the button, or press and release? I see the led is lite but no flashing. Doe I press befre and after or just before? The header pins have a jumper on it by default so from what ive read this is ok.
My unknown is a "bootloader? Is this an extra program I am supposed to install? or does the arduino-1.0.5 include one.
Any advice would be helpful.
I can run the solidoodle but I noticed that using a  Infrared Thermometer the bed temp is 10deg higher than what repitier reads. I also have to calibrate the feed cause I getting lots of blobs on the vertical layers.
In the past with the original SD3 hotend and bed I was able to print nice parts. But since it melted after 3 years of service Im of course upgrading.
Any help would be appreciated

http://soliforum.com/i/?IQbmHz9.png.

Victor

this is the problem i am having...

"SD3" 5/02/13 03943, RAMPS 1.6+, Enclosed,  360W12V30A PSU, E3DV6(new model), Nema17 .9 (E)  Over kill Y brackets, Y drive Bearings, Y-Direct Drive, Hale bed heater on 3/16 aluminum, Lawsy Carriage upgrade, gt2 20T Pulleys.

Connor hang in there . New printers can appear cheap but stick with what you have learn to use, repair and if needed upgrade.
there is no better support for the solidoodle than this forum.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

SD users. I have been using my SD3 for about 6 years now. I have replaced the extruder several times, upgraded the heated pad and power supply. Ive spent many many hours dialing in with many failed attempts. But these days seems like Ive been getting fairly good prints. My material of choice is still ABS, second is PETG with PLA last. After I bought Simplify3d and started to extrude with thinner .01-.035mm extrusion my prints have seem to be successful, On occasion I have a burnt connection that needs addressing but every things seems to be dialed in.
Recently I purchased a Creality Ender3 and am struggling getting good prints. seems like I have to start all over again.
My advice is hang in there with the SD its like an ugly tank but it will last forever.

Victor

Ender 3 can definitely print with very high quality, but you need to tighten the belt and wheels right. They often get loose during the shipment. Most people tighten the belt right, but not the wheels. You can shake the hotend carriage and heated bed and see if they are loose, they should not be able to move at all except the direction they supposed to move.

These wheels need to be tightened with on hex screw driver and two wrench came with the printer at the same time. You need to hold the end hex nut with wrench and tighten it with hex screw driver first, most people did this step correctly. Then you need to tighten the middle long hex nut against the end hex nut with two wrench at the same time, this step is critical to make hotend/print bed stable. You need to do these on all wheels including hotend carriage, print bed, and z-axis. The one under x-axis carriage is most challenging if you don't remove the hotend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFGZ6AzxInw

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Kronikabuse wrote:

You should upgrade to the hale bed by printitindustries

I Just got done installing a hale bed heater last week to reduce the heat up time also upgraded the print surface to 3/16 aluminum in about ten minutes.(now that i think about i shouldn't have 45ed the corners on) by not doing so would have given me the extra space to clip a glass plate to, with out really reducing print size. ill try & get some pictures up tomorrow.

"SD3" 5/02/13 03943, RAMPS 1.6+, Enclosed,  360W12V30A PSU, E3DV6(new model), Nema17 .9 (E)  Over kill Y brackets, Y drive Bearings, Y-Direct Drive, Hale bed heater on 3/16 aluminum, Lawsy Carriage upgrade, gt2 20T Pulleys.

hammade90 wrote:

I Just got done installing a hale bed heater last week to reduce the heat up time also upgraded the print surface to 3/16 aluminum in about ten minutes.(now that i think about i shouldn't have 45ed the corners on) by not doing so would have given me the extra space to clip a glass plate to, with out really reducing print size. ill try & get some pictures up tomorrow.

you don't need to use clips to hold glass in place... use hairspray instead.

wet one side of the glass and set it in place on the bed, heat to about 60C, let cool, repeat the heat/cool cycle a couple of more times.
Glass should be firmly held in place

it is not hard to remove it either, should you need to - simply slide a putty knife between the glass and bed and slide it around to break the seal

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Just bought a Calidum heatbed from Printit Industries to repair my Solidoodle 3. The instructions have a big warning that if you're going to use crimp connectors they need to be rated for 12 Amps. I can't find anything rated that high (Best I found in the pin connectors was 10 Amps) Can you guys point me to the right connectors or to other ways to connect the new bed. Thanks!

SD3, E3D v6, printrboard

Check your email

You're going to love that Calidum heat bed.

-Kevin