Topic: Desktop water knife

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 … f=category

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10

Re: Desktop water knife

The First Desktop Waterjet Cutter

I saw a little about it on the Make Web site. Looks really cool I hope this project takes off.  Chinese knockoffs for $1500 in two years ??
6 k for one of those vs a laser cutter  I would take the water-jet . I would love have one of those in my shop.
Or even in the local maker space.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

I wonder what the DB rating is. My wife says my 3d printer is noise and it is enclosed.

Ultimaker S3.

dubbsd wrote:

I wonder what the DB rating is. My wife says my 3d printer is noise and it is enclosed.

If your printer is noisy to that point maybe you should confirm the vref on your motors. You may be over driving them. I have mine tuned perfectly and it is setting on a shelf in my living room in the open and I cannot hear it at all from ten feet away. The cooling fan on the power supply is the loudest part of the printer.

Water knives I see limitations in as what materials can be cut by them. Soft easily deformed material are out as well as wood as you typically don't want to get wood wet to avoid swelling. The are not like lasers where there is no physical forces applied to the cut, these are like a mechanical saw and apply much pressure to the surface and surrounding areas of the process material and can and will deform soft materials just like a saw or knife would.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Interesting insights. Thanks, Carl.

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10

we had one where i worked back in the 80s it had a bed about 20' by 20'. We cut 1.5" stainless. it was very noisy and the cut was a lot wider than this one. we had to use dykem lay out bluing and scribe where we wanted to cut. the operator would start the water cutter and than check on it every once in a while. one day a fly had walked around on the wet dykem and no one saw the trail. well you can imagine how the cut went.

Ultimaker S3.

So, you had a "bug" in your system.

SD2 Expert stock, ABS fume fan,
XYZ DaVinci 1.0 stock ABS, Simplify3D
QUBD Two-Up PLA, new 3D printed X gantry, Y idler, flex z coupler, extruder mount, E3D Lite

Gack!

9 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-09-21 22:57:30)

http://thenextweb.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/09/bug.jpg

In case you have not figured it out . This is the first documented case of a computer bug. A moth that had stuck in a relay and caused a malfunction
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura