Topic: Greetings - Vintage Solidoodle

Hi Everyone!  Apologies if this is answered somewhere on the forums already, I was told I might be a spambot and needed to make a post to activate my account.

I've recently received a vintage ORIGINAL Solidoodle new in box and never used but minus any documentation.
Since Solidoodle has recently suspended operations I'm not certain where to go for drivers, slicing software and general instruction on using this guy.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

With much appreciation smile
-ekla

Re: Greetings - Vintage Solidoodle

Hello ekla! and welcome!

It would be very helpful to know which model of Solidoodle you got - 2, 3, 4, press, apprentice, or workbench?

pictures are often helpful as well

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Thanks heartless!

I'm told it's the ORIGINAL Solidoodle , if it had a number I suppose it would be 1 smile
(sorry don't have it handy to snap a pick at the moment)

I would doubt it would be no 1.  Definitely gonna need pictures to help you narrow it down.  In the rear near the bottom will be a serial number.  That'll help narrow it down and if you measure the bed we can tell you if it's an SD2 or SD3

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

+1 to wardjr

If you owned an SD1 then it is a respected relic...especially with the Soliforum community! Very few of these were made.
But we would need a picture to confirm the exact model. Post a pic of the front as well as the rear so we can give you more info on your unit.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

I had Solidoodle #6.   An original would look like this-

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AADbk-We_0IcJcQA8xE2MvWpZh7dBmHvlHelp4OQsSB9sA/12/20489007/jpeg/32x32/3/1471557600/0/2/IMG_3750.JPG/EKSNrQ8Y37EEIAIoAigE/Xwf4J5CwgaVLtB1w1e2_1a1YfMS4-oqvIpW8-K3QDIc?size_mode=3&dl=0&size=1600x1200

I did once see a picture somewhere of a pre-solidoodle 2 that looked like something between this and a SD2.

what size is print bed? a #1 was only 4"x4"
SD2 6"x6"
SD3/4 8"x8"

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

http://soliforum.com/i/?2Peg1o1.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?MMRRbtf.jpg

Thank you everyone!

From n2ri's print bed sizing this would appear to be a 2, the bed measures 6x6 and I was told it's heated. The serial number is 01699.

and it also has deluxe incloser case which was extra $200 plus an $45 SD roll of filament like mine also had. I paid over $700 for same setup 2 over years ago

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

10 (edited by ekla 2016-08-19 13:22:47)

Wonderful n2ri! Would you've able to point me toward the proper software to run this guy then? smile

Can I start with the current versions of Repetier and Slicer or Cura or do I need to find older versions? And totally dumb question: on Windows 10 do I need a separate driver?

I'd love to give it a spin. Thanks so much!