Topic: Another attempt at combo 3D printer/laser/mill

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 … f=category

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10

Re: Another attempt at combo 3D printer/laser/mill

good lord - they want enough for it, dont they??

I could get 6 of the FolgerTech FT-5's for that much money!

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

I notice they claim "no belts". I wonder if it's rack and pinion or how exactly it moves. For any non belt system to have high speed and low backlash, I don't doubt the thing would be expensive. I just wonder why they chose to go that route.

too many failed kickstarts in this field the last few years to even bother looking at another pipe dream

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I think I recall reading that is is rack and pinion. And, yeah, n2ri, one would be advised to use caution, eh?

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10