Topic: New here and moving up in the 3D world

Hey all, my name is David and I run TMA here in Florida (Mando-centric costuming supplier) and I've had a M3D for a while, but never really ventured into anything larger or with programs to make custom things. I've always wanted to do that, but I just never made the time to learn or invest in anything larger.

I just received my daVinci 1.0 and as I'm typing this post, I'm printing the demo model. No complaints yet, and friends who have it say I'll love it. Now on to the bigger issue...

I tried my hand at a kit build and it failed miserably. I won't go into detail, but it did come with Cura. Unfortunately I can't find the daVinci in the presets, nor do I know how to properly put in the info needed to run this program.

I'm 42, I've been making costumes for going on 7 years now, and I'm still a relative newbie at 3D printing. In all honesty, I'm not really looking for a hand-holder, but any help anyone is willing to give and knowledge to share is most appreciated. I'm a fast learner as long as the program/machine operate as I'm told they should. I'm also looking to try and start making my own models, both for my business and to share, so if anyone is willing to share, I'm all ears.

Thanks!