Topic: Wanhao I3 Plus Driver for Mac

I am trying to find a driver for the Mac that works. I've tried the Cura dmg file from Wanhao site and it doesn't work.

I would use Repetier as well but can't find the file.

I plug the machine into my Mac and the computer won't find the printer at all.

Thanks for any help

Tom

I was cut out to be rich ... but ... I was sewn up all wrong!
Wanhao Duplicator I3 Plus with glass bed, MK10 All Metal Hot End

Re: Wanhao I3 Plus Driver for Mac

being a brand new machine, with warranty, maybe you should try getting a hold of Wanhao and explain the problem to them?

I dont use a Mac, so not much help there, sorry

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

I'll be on the phone on Monday, but I was hoping to get a solution sooner. It really isn't a biggy as it is printing from any of the cards I put in it so I can still get on with my project.

Tom

IF it is using an arduino board I would think if  you download arduino for mac and load all the available board drivers it would work. You can try asking on MEM stan is a mac guy may be able to help
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin, methinks this has a version 2 of the Melzi board. I have looked all over and can't find it. I have been looking for a few hours so I am going to turn this all off now and try tomorrow.

Tom

I would use Repetier as well but can't find the file.

I have couple of Win boxes & an IMac.  Repetier site lists a file for the Mac, v 0.56.  It's been the same for near 3 years, no upgrades like the Win version, but it works fine.  I don't believe there are any machine-specific drivers.   Without the Repetier software, my Mac sees a USB123 something or other, simple recognition of the port being used. 

Ski

Ender 3 Pro

Sounds like this printer might be fubarred inside. I'm glad I kept all the packing material.

Tom

I wish I was more familiar with your printer.  I know they are ALL real finicky when it comes to all the settings in RH. 

Keep at it, someone will be along that knows a little more.

Ski

Ender 3 Pro

Thanks Ski ... got it sorted and I don't need no stinkin puter now!

A error on my part setting up Slicr. I used Repetier ptotocol instead of Cura protocol as it should be.

Tom

It now works just fine from a PC since that was the supplied software that was on the SD card that I figured was blank.  Duhhh

I won't use it much that way, but I had to know that it worked in case something was fubarred inside.

All is good and I am a happy bunny and almost got the parts printed for a working Stirling engine.

Tom