Topic: GAMBODY Downloadable 3D models

I'm not sure how many here look around for printable content, and whether any of you actually purchase, or consider purchasing such models.

The other day I was looking for Warhammer 40K models, and came across a company, GAMBODY, selling printable 3D models, including a highly detailed Warhammer Chaplain:

http://www.gambody.com/3d-models/chaplain-warhammer

I remember seeing this model a while back on the ArtStation web site, where digital artists post their creations.  But I assumed that they (the Gambody company) managed to get the artist's (Pavel Zolotko's) approval to sell the piece. 

But, while reading the comments posted by some users, one of them asked if this was not in fact Zolotko's work, and the response was that no, it's someone named Alex's work.

Well that it's completely false, and I posted a response with a link to the original artwork,

https://pabelbilly.artstation.com/portf … plain-face

and a note saying that while I don't have an issue with them making a profit, I do have a problem with them taking credit for someone else's work.  My post was removed within 30 seconds.  I then asked the question why was my post removed instead of answered.  That post was removed too, within seconds.

So basically, these guys steal other people's work, and sell it as their own.  For this reason, I think they should be boyctted, and the word should go out to get others to stop patronizing these guys.

What do you guys think?

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Re: GAMBODY Downloadable 3D models

I agree, most designers simply want and deserve credit for there creations.
Deleting your posts seems pretty shady to me.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I also agree. Plagerizing someone elses work and calling it yours is seriously wrong - as is deleting comments that point this out.

My daughter is a digital artist, and a good one, and she has had her artwork stolen...

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

4 (edited by pirvan 2016-07-20 04:00:43)

What's funny is that they have a link on each model for reporting "inappropriate or fraudulent" content.  So I sent them a note.  Let's see if they respond.

And here is their response, directly to me:

Dear Chris,

This email is to answer to all your comments posted on Chaplain 3D model on www.gambody.com.

Please refer all comments and claims that you have regarding the Chaplain model to Pavel Zolot'ko.

He contacted our Legal Department, they carried out an in-depth analysis, and provided proof that the model was not stolen, but it was only inspired by Pavel's work when the 3D modeler was modeling it for 3D printing. According to these findings, we have made an offer to Pavel Zolot'ko:

- to credit him, on the model's page, as the author of the work the 3D modeler was inspired by, with a link to his profile https://www.artstation.com/

- to all physical persons and legal entities, for the franchise on the modeling of 3D objects, we award 30% profit share from every sale. We sent the sale statistics for Chaplain 3D model to Pavel Zolot'ko and we disclosed the amount we were ready to pay a 30% profit share from as to the creator of the work the 3D modeler was inspired by.

- Pavel Zolot'ko was offered a partnership program with our service according to which he could get 30% profit share from any model he created, but was modeled for 3D printing by another 3D modeler, as an inspiration from his work, and uploaded on our marketplace.

- Pavel Zlot'ko was offered a partnership program with our service, according to which he, in his capacity of a 3D modeler, could upload 3D models and get 50% profit share from every sale.

All these partnership offers have been made to Pavel Zolot'ko in writing. We haven't received any reply or Pavel's decision yet.

We kindly ask you to communicate directly with Pavel Zolot'ko on all the matters you touch in your comments. In return, we will communicate with Pavel Zolot'ko only. We will not be replying to third parties' comments or messages. If the number of comments increases, we will consider them as spam and will be forced to make a claim on you to Disqus system.

Thank you for your understanding,

I guess raising your voice sometimes works.

pirvan wrote:

That is exactly what it sounds like. HE contacted their legal department, and it is a pending conclusion. The fact that they gave you so much information on the pending contractual agreement means your comments may have been seen as potentially damaging to sales.

This is a common misconception in the open source world and it needs to stop. Any company can still make money by simply asking for permission from the get go. This is coming from a reseller; even our "kits of derived designs" have credit wherever due. This sounds more like thieves than entrepreneurs. Good work

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

pirvan wrote:

As my mother used to say, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

but bravo for calling them out on it.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1