Topic: [ABS] UV stabilisation

Hi One and all,

Can someone point me in the right direction in terms of UV stabilised ABS pellets or Additives/agents that will work with filastruder. 

Has anyone done any work in this area?

Alternately a source of ASA pellets?  I see that this type filament is available and can be bought but is pretty darn expensive shipping to Australia.

Regards,

Stephen...

Re: [ABS] UV stabilisation

seaton,
What purpose are you looking to achieve with UV stabilized additive? 

Are you trying to prevent color fade?

Are you trying to prevent degradation of the printed plastic?

If I know what you are trying to achieve, I will be able to get the additive you need.  They are different based on what the purpose is.

-os3dp

Thanks for the response.   A customer of mine is looking for a print that will be outside on the roof of a car so will be in the sun most of the time.

So is to prevent the degradation of the plastic.   I know the other option is to paint the object but currently this is the last resort.

4 (edited by os3dp 2016-07-04 03:57:22)

seaton wrote:

Thanks for the response.   A customer of mine is looking for a print that will be outside on the roof of a car so will be in the sun most of the time.

So is to prevent the degradation of the plastic.   I know the other option is to paint the object but currently this is the last resort.

Is it near Salty Air?   Near Ocean?

-os3dp

yes right on the ocean

6 (edited by os3dp 2016-07-04 04:09:41)

Let me check with my supplier this week and find the proper additive for you.

I'll let you know.

-os3dp

many thanks

many thanks

9 (edited by os3dp 2016-07-16 07:00:17)

My supplier has a 3 year UV additive and a 5 year UV additive.  Which are you looking for?

-os3dp