Topic: Back of the print bed higher than the front.

The issue I am having now seems to be from an uneven print bed height.

When running a print, the extruder runs a nice clean line when it is near the front of the print bed (closer to the door) but as it moves towards the back of the print bed the extruder seems to become mashed up too close to the bed causing the the nozzle to literally scrape the surface and the extruder to "Clunk" as it cannot push the amount of filament through that it is supposed to.

Re: Back of the print bed higher than the front.

Are you using soliprint? Repetier host?

Soliprint.

Repetier just seems to mash the extruder into the print bed no matter what settings I use.

The "auto-leveling" system seems to be almost useless.

Looks like there is about a quarter inch of play in the bed itself that allows it to shift up and down a bit during printing.

Problem seems to be from one of the two rear mounting screws in the back of the machine not being tight enough to hold the bed steady.

Yes, make sure the platform screws are snug, including the ones at the bottom back. (Some printers shipped with missing screws, and this was part fo the rework instructions.) SD warned me not to fully tighten them - they said it needs to be able to shift a bit so the Z axis won't bind if the rods aren't exactly parallel.  sad

hi

I have the exact same issue and it has made the back 3rd of my print bed useless since I'll usually get clogs since its so tight in the back.

Were you able to fix this? Any idea how I access those back panel screws?
If this was some of the instructions for the rework, do you have a digital copy of that maybe?

I'd just like to know what to do to fix this issue.